Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tripod for Spotting Scope

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    While spending get you a set of these>>> http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/TA-3-FS-Foot-Spike
    Is there an advantage of the spike over the rock claw. Even though I would have to clean dirt out of the claw, that is what I was looking to get.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I never had any problems with the standard rubber feet on the few rocks I run into but I live nowhere near rocks. I don't recommend setting up in a precarious position and turning your back on the gear. The spikes are more for loose/soft ground.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Is it pretty safe to assume that RRS rarely offers discounts, if ever?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have never seen them discounted. You might check the B&H used department. You occasionally see them for sale used. A quick search came up with this>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALLY-RIGHT...429?rmvSB=true
    Last edited by GH41; 08-16-17 at 06:37.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have never seen them discounted. You might check the B&H used department. You occasionally see them for sale used. A quick search came up with this>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALLY-RIGHT...429?rmvSB=true
    That would be great, if it was a 24L. I am pretty leery of dealing on ebay, anyway. I know that this isn't the type of item that is discounted often, even on the used market.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like my Vortex Summit ST-3 XLT tripod legs, 3lbs might be a little heavy? I paid $200 shipped on ebay.

IMG_8408 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    IMG_8410 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    IMG_8402 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    I like my Vortex Summit ST-3 XLT tripod legs, 3lbs might be a little heavy? I paid $200 shipped on ebay.

IMG_8408 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    IMG_8410 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    IMG_8402 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    Whatever turns your crank. Looks like it is half center column to me. Been there, done that and sold it.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    That would be great, if it was a 24L. I am pretty leery of dealing on ebay, anyway. I know that this isn't the type of item that is discounted often, even on the used market.
    I know what you mean. Just an example of what's out there.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    I looked at them, and decided that this is an item that I don't want a pile of sitting around, taking up space. I'm looking to skip the journey, for a change. I appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I know what you mean. Just an example of what's out there.
    Thanks. One thing that has me going back and forth, is the difference between the the BH-55 and BH-40 head. The price difference isn't considerable, but the weight capacity and weight of the unit is considerable. I don't think it would effect me much until mounting a rifle, though. BH-55 weighs ~2lb. with 50lb. capacity, and the BH-40 weighs ~1lb. with 18lb. capacity. I'll probably stick with a BH-40 due to the weight savings, but the capacity difference has my attention. I am probably just overthinking this, though.

Another feature that has me thinking, is my thought that I would want a handle to assist with glassing while hunting. Is that a feature I want, or can easily add? It doesn't look like a very affordable option with the head I am looking to purchase, but I may be missing something.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast