Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guidance in selecting COMPLETE first AR.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would go with a Colt 6920-R Trooper, if you want to save some money to be used for optics, ect. They're available on line for as low as $760 ish. Comes with a 13" Centurion M-Lok rail.

Up from there, I would look at the Colt 6960 CCU. This comes with a light weight mid-length barrel and a 13" Centurion M-Lok rail.

The DDM4V7 is an excellent choice, one that I currently use as my Patrol Rifle while at work.

I'm one of the few on this site who would not recommend a BCM. I got burned by them and attempts to work with their customer service department, knowing it was intended to be a duty weapon, only made it worse.

The KAC SR15 MOD2 is an excellent gun. And if you don't have issues with the cost, I would buy one in a heart beat. But you could buy a Colt 6960 and a backup 6960 for the cost of an SR15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd go BCM RECCE. Fantastic guns out of the box. I would recommend going with a midlength gas system (not offered in the 6920.) the Mid will have a more pleasant recoil impulse. The gun also comes with great furniture out of the box. Add some Magpul MBUS pro sights and an optic and you're good to go. Maybe a forward grip of some kind and the BCM rail panels as well..

Feedback Score
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12