Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger Take Up

Feedback Score

Glock Trigger Take Up

Now I know a glock trigger will never be a 1911 trigger, but I want to know if there is a trigger out there that can take out some of the take up. I want this for my glock 34 that I run in 3gun. I run the taran tactical spring and connector kit which I like in my other glocks I have ghost stuff. My buddy has an apex in his M&P and it's really nice, is the glock apex the same short take up? I have some friends that have the zev fulcrum triggers and I'm not impressed at all by the zev stuff, other than the trigger shoe I don't feel any difference. So does anyone have any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can adjust both Pre-travel and Over-travel, https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=919469

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have a Pyramid trigger from the Glockstore. The pre-travel is short, the reset is short and there is no after travel. The trigger is adjustable also. They have three versions of it varying in price starting from the mid 100's.

I've been using the Pyramid in a G17 gen 4 since 2014, several thousand rounds. I like the trigger pull on it. Original "double diamond" connector failed while I was shooting. New DD connectors are better made. Also, I tried a lighter than OEM performance striker spring. Had occasional failures to fire. Replaced with OEM spring for slightly heavier trigger pull. No FTF issues since.

http://www.glockstore.com/Parts-Acce...ramid-Triggers
    I have no affiliation with the Glockstore.

NC

Feedback Score
    Haley Stategic Partners "Skimmer" trigger will take out a lot of the creep/pre-travel, but will NOT lighten the pull.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    Haley Stategic Partners "Skimmer" trigger will take out a lot of the creep/pre-travel, but will NOT lighten the pull.
    The Glocktriggers.com Hybrid version is basically the Skimmer trigger. It's made by the same folks. Most of the pre-travel if not all is taken out. The weight however did not drastically change. Mine is breaking over 5.5#..

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I never minded the Glock action, or the stock pull weight, but the damn OEM trigger shoe grates on me.

OP, is a light trigger pull an important factor?

Feedback Score
    I don't mind the take up but this is for my 3gun pistol, I'm one of the few guys left that I shoot with who haven't gone to a STI or infinity. I'm just playing around with the idea of a new trigger. I have the taran spring kit and it gives me a nice and light pull. To be honest the zev pull is the same to me people just like the fancy shoe and to say they have a zev. My buddy runs barstool operators and he has ran every trigger out there and he says his favorite is the arsenal democracy switch. I need to go run his and see if I like it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Go with the Glock Triggers "Edge" Trigger. It shortens the take up dramatically and allows full control over the reset as well. Obviously it lightens the pull a lot as well.

Feedback Score
    I've tried the edge on another buddy's 34 and I hated it

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I've tried the edge on another buddy's 34 and I hated it
    Avoid the Skimmer and anything else from Glocktriggers.com then. I use the Edge, used to use the Vogel, and tried the Skimmer (all for IDPA/USPSA). Splits were the fastest with the Edge and it has the least pre-travel. It's very similiar to a "rolling break" on a 1911. Meaning the takeup rolls right into the break, making it very quick and hard to anticipate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast