Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: By which all others are judged - Colt 6920

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by botas.45 View Post
    Who has the best deals on 14.5"? I've been wanting to do this for my 6920... is it the socom barrel?

Sent from my Samsung S8 using Tapatalk
    PM Grant at G&R tactical. I just bought a Colt 14.5 SOCOM and as of a week ago he still had them in stock. If you pm him he offers a discount to fellow M4C members. A great guy to deal with. I put the SOCOM barrel on a LE6920M and am very happy with it, it also has the A2 carry handle and will stay that way.

Feedback Score
    Bought my M4 standard barrel off the EE at arfcom.

Arms Unlimited has the SOCOM version for $240.

Feedback Score
    Thank you both for responding. I appreciate the info fellas👍

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would leave it stock for a while and shoot it. Then after you get done, add a BUIS, RDS and shoot it some more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep it stock as is and its a great baseline to compare all your other AR rifles and upgrades to as well as the perfect trainer for new AR shooters.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have more AR's than I want to disclose on an open forum, to include one that is used for work as an inter-city LEO. The majority of my AR's have at minimum, an optic and a white light.

I have a Colt 6920 that has the stock furniture and a MagPUl MBUS. Nothing else. It's actually fun to pull it out every so often and shoot it. No, it's not, "State of the Art" with a FF hand guard, after market trigger, Surefire light or a 1-6 optic. But I pulled the factory trigger, cleaned off all of the gunk, lubed it and reinstalled it. The trigger's not bad after a some rounds through it.

It's just a fun gun to shoot. Great trainer. And I forgot how light and well balanced a basic 6920 can feel compared to some of my other guns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Keep it stock as is and its a great baseline to compare all your other AR rifles and upgrades to as well as the perfect trainer for new AR shooters.
    What he said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whether to leave it alone or make any modifications to it will be a personal decision. It all depends on the purpose behind having it. I bought my first LE6920 back in 2008 and started making a few changes to it.

What one does is up to them, but whatever is done should have purpose.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by botas.45 View Post
    Who has the best deals on 14.5"? I've been wanting to do this for my 6920... is it the socom barrel?

I would not- in fact, did not- hesitate to put a Colt 14.5" SOCOM (or Colt M4 14.5" barrel) on a 6920. The swap is straight plug and play. The gas port is the right size and works perfectly with the H buffer and Colt carbine spring. The difference in handling is subtle but it is better and I've seen no difference in performance out to 400 yards. The SOCOM 14.5" barrel is only 2 oz heavier and with more mass at the chamber end, it handles heat better
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I would not- in fact, did not- hesitate to put a Colt 14.5" SOCOM (or Colt M4 14.5" barrel) on a 6920. The swap is straight plug and play. The gas port is the right size and works perfectly with the H buffer and Colt carbine spring. The difference in handling is subtle but it is better and I've seen no difference in performance out to 400 yards. The SOCOM 14.5" barrel is only 2 oz heavier and with more mass at the chamber end, it handles heat better
    Great info mistwolf, you guys are definitely assuring my barrel swap and I wasn't even the operator who started the thread lol... good stuff fellas.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast