Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock slide options?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Aftermarket Glock slide options?

So, I'm looking to put together gen 3 based 19 utilizing an aftermarket frame. Cost wise it's cheaper just to buy a new gen 3 19 for the slide and components but I'm open to the possibility of a non factory glock alternative if for no other reason than to get one that's actually in spec.

I don't like Gucci glocks and want something simple. Black PVD, DLC coated or whatever, maybe more aggressive side and top serrations, but no RMR cut, fluting, or skeletonizing.

Recommendations on quality barrels would be appreciated too. Something drop-in with a threaded barrel option but with better accuracy potential than factory.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'll through my vote for a KKM barrel. Hey offer extended threaded for just about every Glock. I noted a significant increase in accuracy from the stock version.

No input on slides.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the looks of the https://www.landersweaponsystems.com/frame war hammer slide. It's not busy or excessive like the agency or salient "Gucci" glocks. can be had with or without RMR cut. Price and turn around isn't bad either. Scroll down to the war hammer slide.
    Last edited by Tequila45; 08-14-17 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    Sprinta Precision - http://www.spintaprecision.com/glock-parts/

No experience with them, but Ihave been thinking about a very simple non OEM side.

I have used a Suarez slide in the past on a G19 G4 for an RMR. That slide was a little louder than I like in the engraving, but otherwise superb in fit and function. No windows or other silliness. Not sure who his manufacturer was.
    Last edited by HardToHandle; 08-14-17 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I'll through my vote for a KKM barrel. Hey offer extended threaded for just about every Glock. I noted a significant increase in accuracy from the stock version.

No input on slides.
    Agreed. I spent a while debating between all of the aftermarket barrels out there but KKM always seems to be the standard against which all others are measured. Reminds me of the G SSA. The only thing I wasn't sure about was their weird thread pitch but when I asked, they told me they used it because it allows their comp as closer fit to the barrel. They do also offer the standard 1/2x28 thread. My next choice would have been one of the simpler Agency offerings than Brownells recently started carrying. I'm not aware of too many aftermarket slides that don't have an RMR cut.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Copy all on KKM.

Fwiw my big reasoning for going with a complete aftermarket slide, as opposed to sending a OEM slide out, is to avoid BTF issues. My current glocks are intermittent with the issue but not enough for me to chase the fix down a rabbit hole.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Copy all on KKM.

Fwiw my big reasoning for going with a complete aftermarket slide, as opposed to sending a OEM slide out, is to avoid BTF issues. My current glocks are intermittent with the issue but not enough for me to chase the fix down a rabbit hole.

Its not cheap but Unity's ATOM slide does have an optic plate that just uses the standard rear iron dovetail. You'd have the empty forward dovetail to deal with aesthetically, but I read somewhere that their slides have modified ejection port dimensions that Randy Lee from Apex Tactical said would help with the BTF. Not sure if that is true since I only remember seeing it once, but I want to say it was from a decent source.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have been considering the same thing recently, and toying with the idea of sending my gen 3 slide out for milling, or going to an aftermarket to avoid the hassles of a spare frame that will inevitable grow into another full build...

They are somewhat local to me, but I have been looking at Maple Leaf for the milling. They are not too costly, so paired with an OEM slide I am way below the cost of any of the big name slides. I was eyeballing the Scout cut, with the idea of asking them not to cut all the way through on the side windows. same option with the War Hammer cuts mentioned above, and even if you throw in something like a basic Alpha Wolf slide from Lone Wolf, you are below the base costs for most big name bling slides.

And I know nothing about them other than seeing them the other day, but Midway is carrying a cheap slide, at about $175, with basic front and rear serrations. And it seems really cheap compared to everyone else, but I dont know if that is realistic pricing for a slide (If you are dropping in a $150 barrel and a $80 parts kit, you are close to a $400 slide package), and the others are just charging a premium for the extra profits. Seems like a reasonable cost for a basic slide.

But along your thoughts in the original post - if you can find a police trade in gen 3 22 or 23 for $330-350, and sell the frame off for $75 or $100, that might be the way to go. You know, if you dont mind a conversion barrel and .40 on the slide...
    Last edited by el_chupo_; 08-14-17 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Its not cheap but Unity's ATOM slide does have an optic plate that just uses the standard rear iron dovetail. You'd have the empty forward dovetail to deal with aesthetically, but I read somewhere that their slides have modified ejection port dimensions that Randy Lee from Apex Tactical said would help with the BTF. Not sure if that is true since I only remember seeing it once, but I want to say it was from a decent source.
    Interesting. I'll have to look deeper into that.

Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    I have been considering the same thing recently, and toying with the idea of sending my gen 3 slide out for milling, or going to an aftermarket to avoid the hassles of a spare frame that will inevitable grow into another full build...

They are somewhat local to me, but I have been looking at Maple Leaf for the milling. They are not too costly, so paired with an OEM slide I am way below the cost of any of the big name slides. I was eyeballing the Scout cut, with the idea of asking them not to cut all the way through on the side windows. same option with the War Hammer cuts mentioned above, and even if you throw in something like a basic Alpha Wolf slide from Lone Wolf, you are below the base costs for most big name bling slides.

And I know nothing about them other than seeing them the other day, but Midway is carrying a cheap slide, at about $175, with basic front and rear serrations. And it seems really cheap compared to everyone else, but I dont know if that is realistic pricing for a slide (If you are dropping in a $150 barrel and a $80 parts kit, you are close to a $400 slide package), and the others are just charging a premium for the extra profits. Seems like a reasonable cost for a basic slide.

But along your thoughts in the original post - if you can find a police trade in gen 3 22 or 23 for $330-350, and sell the frame off for $75 or $100, that might be the way to go. You know, if you dont mind a conversion barrel and .40 on the slide...

I have both a Polymer 80 G19 and G17 frame ordered (in addition to having a complete gen3 17) so I'm thinking the plan is to go with a non-OEM slide for the 19. I'm going to email a few companies and see what they have to say about the corrected slide geometry. The lone wolf ALPHA seems to be the most cost effective. I'm honestly really torn on doing the whole RMR thing but I think it may be beneficial to pick up a slide already milled for it so if I want to I have the option down the road. I just don't see the benefit of putting $$$ into OEM slide given the potential for issues though.

KE Arms ALPHA, BRAVO, and Charlie models look pretty good and LE pricing through brownells is excellent so they might be contenders.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...E%2bARMS%2bLLC
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 08-14-17 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Sprinta Precision - http://www.spintaprecision.com/glock-parts/

No experience with them, but Ihave been thinking about a very simple non OEM side.

I have used a Suarez slide in the past on a G19 G4 for an RMR. That slide was a little louder than I like in the engraving, but otherwise superb in fit and function. No windows or other silliness. Not sure who his manufacturer was.

The Suarez looks pretty good aesthetically and for the price. I'll email them and see if I could order one without the loud logo. Does theirs include a cover plate for the RMR cutout by chance?

ETA: NM I saw that it includes a cover for a small price. If I can get it without a logo it may be a winner.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 08-14-17 at 22:42.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast