Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock slide options?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I recommend looking at Suarez slides, I've got two and they have been absolutely amazing.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    I recommend looking at Suarez slides, I've got two and they have been absolutely amazing.
    Pics man pics lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Aftermarket Glock slide options?

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Pics man pics lol.

Only pic I have of either one but both are setup exactly the same one G19 this is the G17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Copy all on KKM.

Fwiw my big reasoning for going with a complete aftermarket slide, as opposed to sending a OEM slide out, is to avoid BTF issues. My current glocks are intermittent with the issue but not enough for me to chase the fix down a rabbit hole.

You are very right to go strainless aftermarket. After countless hours on forums and some experiments with my own Glocks, I was able to track my btf issues to extraction tension caused by out of spec slides. In every case, every extractor functioned perfectly in my stainless slide. Additionally, when increasing tension using different sized spring loaded bearings, the aftermarket slide would fail to return to battery from too much tension. While the OEM slides improved in performance from this mod.

+1 for Suarez slides and barrels. Wait for a sale/newsletter. Cannot recommend their triggers or firing pin however.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    You are very right to go strainless aftermarket. After countless hours on forums and some experiments with my own Glocks, I was able to track my btf issues to extraction tension caused by out of spec slides. In every case, every extractor functioned perfectly in my stainless slide. Additionally, when increasing tension using different sized spring loaded bearings, the aftermarket slide would fail to return to battery from too much tension. While the OEM slides improved in performance from this mod.

+1 for Suarez slides and barrels. Wait for a sale/newsletter. Cannot recommend their triggers or firing pin however.
    Good stuff. Suarez looks to be the most cost effective too when you do the barrel/slide combo.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Polymer80 sells their own slide that has matching front and rear cocking serrations. They PVD coat it black or FDE.

http://www.polymer80.com/pistolparts...oating-options

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    To each their own, but the Glock can be a money pit to get it the way you want it. And sometimes,
    making it less reliable.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    To each their own, but the Glock can be a money pit to get it the way you want it. And sometimes,
    making it less reliable.
    No doubt. My growing KAC collection is a picture proof. Talk about a money pit. Hell, in contrast this glock build even if I opt for doing the RMR thing is still less than just a KAC upper lol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dont know how new it is, but just saw Brownells is offering a US made 17-4 with black nitride slide for $229, with RMR cut. They say they will have a non RMR slide too, but right now you have RMR cut with front vertical serrations over the top of the slide, or front serrations with a window on top, a la G34/35.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    Dont know how new it is, but just saw Brownells is offering a US made 17-4 with black nitride slide for $229, with RMR cut. They say they will have a non RMR slide too, but right now you have RMR cut with front vertical serrations over the top of the slide, or front serrations with a window on top, a la G34/35.
    Nice find. I hadn't seen that offering. But at that price point it may be worth a look just because. They have blank slides in the white too so that'd work well for a full custom build. I wonder who their sourcing them from.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast