Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock slide options?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'll have spotty comms for a little bit but I'll be putting a complete gen 4 ATOM slide up for sale in a few weeks. Not sure if generations matter for the slide but if not and you're interested, I can give you some more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA - never mind, looks like gen3 to 4 may not be a good idea. You have me interested in the Polymer80 stuff though, if only they'd release a gen 4.
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-14-17 at 23:20.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I posted these pics in the Glock thread, but here's my G19 on the polymer80 frame. I kept the slide stock, because while I like some of the machine work done by some companies, I just couldn't justify the expense as it's almost completely cosmetic. I thought about adding front serrations but installing the TangoDown/Vickers slide racker eliminated that need completely. While it was tempting to get a more cool-looking slide, I was concerned about any added machine work affecting a smooth draw stroke or re-holstering, as well as messing with the weight of the slide. It's been 100% reliable so I don't want to potentially mess with that.

No RDS planned for this one; I have an RMR on my G17. I really like shooting this one with irons and the TBRCi comp.

I'm using a Surefire/Zev barrel (got it when the price was lower on BCM), and have been very impressed with it. Most definitely tighter groups than my OEM barrel, and I'm actually shooting it slightly better than the KKM I have in my G17. I bought it after reading this Glock barrel review: https://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...v-wilson.1727/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    MM,

Thank for posting. I love everything about that. Honestly I have high hopes for these frames. They offer really everything I've ever wanted out of Glock pistol.

Also, oddly enough this is the first I've seen of the racker lol
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 08-14-17 at 23:51.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    The Suarez looks pretty good aesthetically and for the price. I'll email them and see if I could order one without the loud logo. Does theirs include a cover plate for the RMR cutout by chance?

ETA: NM I saw that it includes a cover for a small price. If I can get it without a logo it may be a winner.
    Even better than a plate, and saves $35. Only one logo on top, nothing on the sides: https://suarezinternational.com/suar...lack-melonite/

Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I posted these pics in the Glock thread, but here's my G19 on the polymer80 frame. I kept the slide stock, because while I like some of the machine work done by some companies, I just couldn't justify the expense as it's almost completely cosmetic. I thought about adding front serrations but installing the TangoDown/Vickers slide racker eliminated that need completely. While it was tempting to get a more cool-looking slide, I was concerned about any added machine work affecting a smooth draw stroke or re-holstering, as well as messing with the weight of the slide. It's been 100% reliable so I don't want to potentially mess with that.

No RDS planned for this one; I have an RMR on my G17. I really like shooting this one with irons and the TBRCi comp.

I'm using a Surefire/Zev barrel (got it when the price was lower on BCM), and have been very impressed with it. Most definitely tighter groups than my OEM barrel, and I'm actually shooting it slightly better than the KKM I have in my G17. I bought it after reading this Glock barrel review: https://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...v-wilson.1727/

That looks awesome. If a gen 4 slide would fit, that would be exactly my option, but my 19 is a gen 4, so it will stay as it is for now. I am considering doing a full build 19 on a P80 frame, that is where my slide looking has come into play, just having a hard time justifying the almost a grand for a fancy slide, bbl, sights, and small parts kit. That Suarez looks pretty good, and simple to boot.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yea, the amount of coin some folks drop is just crazy. Just no my cup of tea.

I like the idea of a non-OEM slide assuming the geometry is correct but it may just be simpler to get a blue label gen3 19 to start with.

Feedback Score
    So, I'm looking to put together gen 3 based 19 utilizing an aftermarket frame. Cost wise it's cheaper just to buy a new gen 3 19 for the slide and components but I'm open to the possibility of a non factory glock alternative if for no other reason than to get one that's actually in spec.

I don't like Gucci glocks and want something simple. Black PVD, DLC coated or whatever, maybe more aggressive side and top serrations, but no RMR cut, fluting, or skeletonizing.

Recommendations on quality barrels would be appreciated too. Something drop-in with a threaded barrel option but with better accuracy potential than factory.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    No comment on slide. Kkm for drop in barrel. They are rediculous (at least it seems so far).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    MM,
    Thank for posting. I love everything about that. Honestly I have high hopes for these frames. They offer really everything I've ever wanted out of Glock pistol.

Also, oddly enough this is the first I've seen of the racker lol
    The only drawback to the polymer80 frame is that the trigger guard is wider and outside the envelope of the OEM frame, so it won't fit many Glock holsters that use the trigger guard to retain the pistol. That's a big fail IMHO and they should have designed it to be 100% Glock-holster compatible. It works with all my holsters that use the weapon light to retain the pistol, so I just dedicated my P80 frame for weapon light use. You also have to swap the X300 lock plate from the U plate to the Picatinny one. I just swap back to my OEM frame for use with non light holsters.

Here's the link to the Vickers Tactical slide racker: https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-t...racker-gsr-03/
    I don't press check using the front of the slide; I always press check from the rear as I've always found that easier. Try out the slide racker before you purchase a slide with front serrations; you may find out that they're unnecessary and save yourself some money.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    The only drawback to the polymer80 frame is that the trigger guard is wider and outside the envelope of the OEM frame, so it won't fit many Glock holsters that use the trigger guard to retain the pistol. That's a big fail IMHO and they should have designed it to be 100% Glock-holster compatible. It works with all my holsters that use the weapon light to retain the pistol, so I just dedicated my P80 frame for weapon light use. You also have to swap the X300 lock plate from the U plate to the Picatinny one. I just swap back to my OEM frame for use with non light holsters.

Here's the link to the Vickers Tactical slide racker: https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-t...racker-gsr-03/
    I don't press check using the front of the slide; I always press check from the rear as I've always found that easier. Try out the slide racker before you purchase a slide with front serrations; you may find out that they're unnecessary and save yourself some money.
    That's messed up about the frame. My 17s live with a wml on them but I guess for a 100$ frame I can live with modding the trigger guard as needed though I suppose.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Last time I was looking around for Glock slides I saw the Briley was going to be making Glock slides. From what I've read and seen Briley makes quality stuff.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Suarez looks pretty good aesthetically and for the price. I'll email them and see if I could order one without the loud logo. Does theirs include a cover plate for the RMR cutout by chance?

ETA: NM I saw that it includes a cover for a small price. If I can get it without a logo it may be a winner.
    If you don't want to put an optic on your slide, just get one of their 95% slides: https://suarezinternational.com/95-slides-for-glock/

No serrations or logos.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast