Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock slide options?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Nice find. I hadn't seen that offering. But at that price point it may be worth a look just because. They have blank slides in the white too so that'd work well for a full custom build. I wonder who their sourcing them from.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I asked in chat, they would not disclose manufacturer. If it came with a RMR cover I might just go that route, but anything other than Suarez (with that weird bump) is $40-70, and that puts me at the price of the others I am looking at.

I got in my compact P80 frame and had it almost done, waiting on the frame build kit from Midway. Now I have to actually decide on a slide...

I found Shadow Systems/Shadow Gunworks on Aim surplus, and really like the simplicity of their "Carry" and "Enhanced Carry" slides. I am sort of hung up between those and a Suarez. I like the angled cuts, and no model number on the side of the Shadow, but Suarez has a good reputation. Price is a wash, and I dont see myself running a RDS on either of these guns any time soon.

Barrel will probably be something simple, I cant imagine any fancy color looking good on a gray frame and black slide with no cut-outs. Also dont want to wait 30-60 days on a KKM for nitrided barrel. Also not sure if it is 50% better than a SilencerCo barrel.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Brownells just introduced the non RMR version of the slide (at least, I saw it yesterday), but AIM surplus is doing 20% off, so a Shadow Systems Enhanced Carry slide and threaded barrel is on the way to me.

there is a listing on slick guns/gun deals that has a Zev slide at $390 as well.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Midway has slides from a company called Swenson for $169.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...steel-melonite

I do not know anything about them/that company.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Well, took a little bit to collect the parts but it's done minus the RMR.

Does it look cool? Yes.

Would I do another one with a zev slide? No. Reason being the serrations are not as sharp as I would prefer and in all honesty are they really needed? Nah, probably not. This project was more for T&E purposes running an RMR to see if I want to invest in milling a couple factory blocks to run them. Time well.

Also, sucky part is with this slide it's hit or miss with my ALS holsters.

Poly 80 frame took some work to make happen. Had some pretty substantial clearance issues with the factory locking block / slide fitment. But after working with a needle file and some dremel polishing it came together. Same with the ameriglo sights. Needle file took care of it too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Poly 80 frame took some work to make happen. Had some pretty substantial clearance issues with the factory locking block / slide fitment. But after working with a needle file and some dremel polishing it came together. Same with the ameriglo sights.
    I have always put some grease on my Ameriglo rear and they go right it. It looks like you used a brass punch. I use a sight pusher tool.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I built a polymer80 compact frame with the Brownells slide (window, no RMR cut) for a friend yesterday. A couple of things - as I found out from my own polymer80 frame, the trigger guard is wider than the OEM G19 frame and will not allow it to fit any of my holsters that retain the pistol via the trigger guard. I use my X300-compatible holsters that retain off the light itself.

The brownells slide is the same width as the OEM slide, but not as rounded off on top. The cuts are angular and more shallow than the OEM radius, so the corners stick out more. It wouldn't fit into my kydex holsters or ones like the g-code. However, I had an old Serpa holster sitting around for a G20/21, which is wider than a G19/17. I tried it and it fit the pistol with the wider polymer80 frame AND the brownells slide like a glove. So, for those of you looking for non-light holsters that fit the polymer80 frame, you might try fit-checking it in a G20/21 holster. I'd be interested to see if it works with other non-serpa holsters.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Bump. Glock 17 length slides purpose built for Glock 19 frames. RMR cuts available. I don't own a Glock, but this piqued my interest.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod115607.aspx

Splash piece for the slides where I first saw the product.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...9-pistols/amp/
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Bump. Glock 17 length slides purpose built for Glock 19 frames. RMR cuts available. I don't own a Glock, but this piqued my interest.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod115607.aspx

Splash piece for the slides where I first saw the product.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...9-pistols/amp/
    Very smart move by Brownells imo. I feel like having more of these custom 19L's start popping up and selling well, it makes Glock release a factory version lol
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Very smart move by Brownells imo. I feel like having more of these custom 19L's start popping up and selling well, it makes Glock release a factory version lol
    It's like a mini G34, lol. This configuration makes more sense to me than the 19X.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I built a polymer80 compact frame with the Brownells slide (window, no RMR cut) for a friend yesterday. A couple of things - as I found out from my own polymer80 frame, the trigger guard is wider than the OEM G19 frame and will not allow it to fit any of my holsters that retain the pistol via the trigger guard. I use my X300-compatible holsters that retain off the light itself.

The brownells slide is the same width as the OEM slide, but not as rounded off on top. The cuts are angular and more shallow than the OEM radius, so the corners stick out more. It wouldn't fit into my kydex holsters or ones like the g-code. However, I had an old Serpa holster sitting around for a G20/21, which is wider than a G19/17. I tried it and it fit the pistol with the wider polymer80 frame AND the brownells slide like a glove. So, for those of you looking for non-light holsters that fit the polymer80 frame, you might try fit-checking it in a G20/21 holster. I'd be interested to see if it works with other non-serpa holsters.
    Hey brother, how long did it take you to build the gun? Did you use a press to mill off the extra plastic or did you use some other hand held tool, like a Dremel?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast