Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aftermarket Glock slide options?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hey brother, how long did it take you to build the gun? Did you use a press to mill off the extra plastic or did you use some other hand held tool, like a Dremel?
    I didn't use a press or the milling bit that comes with the kit. I used a small coping saw to cut off the majority of the plastic (rails), then a file. For the center portion (recoil spring channel) I used a dremel with sanding bit. The first time it took me about two hours from start to finish. The 2nd time it took me a little over two hours to finish two frames as I already had my process down. I did use the two drill bits in the kit for the holes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    It's like a mini G34, lol. This configuration makes more sense to me than the 19X.
    I still think they might be pulling a G42/G43 maneuver on us. They release the opposite of what people want, and then when sales cool down, they release the real product and double their sales. Maybe I just want to believe a G19L is on the horizon...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I didn't use a press or the milling bit that comes with the kit. I used a small coping saw to cut off the majority of the plastic (rails), then a file. For the center portion (recoil spring channel) I used a dremel with sanding bit. The first time it took me about two hours from start to finish. The 2nd time it took me a little over two hours to finish two frames as I already had my process down. I did use the two drill bits in the kit for the holes.
    Thank you my friend.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thank you my friend.
    Anytime, sir!

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Very smart move by Brownells imo. I feel like having more of these custom 19L's start popping up and selling well, it makes Glock release a factory version lol
    Being 100% honest, I am not a glock guy, but I would go find a Gen 5 19 just to build this with an RMR since cutting an original slide would be about 200ish anyways. It would pair nicely with my glock mag SBR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345