Thread: Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Full disclosure, I was not too impressed with the first one which I wrote:

"The movie uses the generic plot themes from the big book of 'How to make a generic action sci fi movie' and runs with it. No surprises there. There's an occasional attempt to make the characters seem three dimensional with feelings and depth, but it does not work. Best part of the movie is the excellent CGI, action scenes, and a green Zoe Saldana. Would have liked to see more green Zoe Saldana and less of the really annoying CGI racoon thing. Not even attempting to hide the fact the entire movie set up for a sequel always a thumbs down in lazy movie making to me. Get's a C+ from me."

On Part II: Not that much to add for part II, other than the Racoon thing even more annoying, the amazing last second saves from the jaws of death even less believable, playing 60s music does not make it cool, Drax is a fun character and Kurt Russell did an admirable job with his character and Sylvester Stallone still can't act. Per part I, the CGI is fantastic. To conclude, those who enjoyed the first one will enjoy Part II, those whose didn't will not be missing anything. C+

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I thought they should have put a placard in the lobby of the theater that says, "Do not take this movie too seriously and you'll probably enjoy it."

Not every sci fi flick is "2001: A Space Odyssey", or "Alien", or even "Star Wars".

For pure tongue-in-cheek fun, like the 1960's Batman TV series, I thought it was great.

If you saw it expecting science fiction or something serious you probably hated it.

Feedback Score
    Whenever i see a review that takes a movie so seriously, i always want to say well the comic was better

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I thought they should have put a placard in the lobby of the theater that says, "Do not take this movie too seriously and you'll probably enjoy it."

Not every sci fi flick is "2001: A Space Odyssey", or "Alien", or even "Star Wars".

For pure tongue-in-cheek fun, like the 1960's Batman TV series, I thought it was great.

If you saw it expecting science fiction or something serious you probably hated it.
    Having seen the first one, I knew what to expect. There's good tongue-in-cheek (like the 1960's Batman as you said) and there's over the top predictable formulaic stuff like this movie. There were a few funny lines and such which came mostly from Drax, but between them mostly worthless fluff.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”