Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggressive Homeless People

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My ex wanted to go to Austin for a event on 6th Street two decades ago. There were Arts&Crafts and the whole event had a Hippie vibe to it.
    She got fifteen feet ahead of me and turned the corner and a homeless guy grabbed her butt. She screamed and I accelerated.
    I turned the corner and this guy had a double handful of her butt, both cheeks and squeezing.
    You know that 40 he had sitting against his sack, my steel toed engineer boot made a mess of it. He let go pretty quickly.
    I've not been back to 6th street and I don't have time to help the homeless.
    Reason #312 why men should not wear ****ing flip-flops when they are out and about.

To many stories to share (worked for a big city for twelve years), but two different times I've encountered the two different guys selling the same sob stories and they bolt every time I finish their story for them.

And the answer on the street is always a resounding No!
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-16-17 at 05:48.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    We have with I would call a large homeless population comparative to our population. As you know, many of them have mental problems as well as addiction issues. Ours tend to hang out in fast food joints and make a route between Mickey D's, BK, and a local chain called Spangles, within a three block area. They do this to avoid getting kicked out of places for loitering.

That joke in my circle of friends when we meet for coffee is whether we want to brave the homeless or go to one of the other Mickey D's.

On occasion I've been asked for money when I leave the Spangles, my standard response is, I don't have any cash, but I'll be glad to go back inside with you and buy you something. Haven't had any takers so far.

Seems to me they weren't nearly as many folks doing the homeless thing in the past. Unsure if it is the economy, or the fact that our community has a pretty good group of organizations that work together in helping get folks back on their feet.

Here is how you deal with that - stop eating at fast food restaurants.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    FAIL. Make it a point to tell the manager you don't think you can patronize their business anymore because of all the bums hanging around.

I did that with another business (not a restaurant), and every time I went back to that place there were no homeless people hanging around. I asked one of the clerks and she said it was a new policy of theirs to call the cops and report them for loitering.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Generally, just iced tea for me and coffee for the other guys.

Wer're not metrosexuals so Starbucks isn't an option.

Unfortunately, at the diner in town with the best coffee you have to take a breath 50 feet out and hold it to get past the smokers hanging around out front.

Somehow, I think I'll manage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a final thought - if the terrorists, er, homeless people make me change my way of life, they've won.

Feedback Score
    Once upon a time I stop at my local gas station some time around 9 at night and I see this burly white guy in a wheelchair unwrapping a fresh pack of Marlboros, doing the monkey clap all professional smokers do with a tall boy in a paper bag on the ground next to him. He doesn't know I see him and I go into the store to do my business.

I come back out to my car and the following conversation ensues:
    Wheelchair Jockey: "Hey buddy, could you spare some money so I can get a sandwich?"
    Me: "If you wanted a sandwich you should have bought one instead of smokes and beer."
    WCJ: "I'M A DISABLED VET!"
    Me: "Bullshit. Your legs aren't missing or atrophied like a paraplegic and you don't have the upper body strength to haul your big ass outta that chair without them so I ain't buyin it."
    WCJ: "**** YOU!"
    Me: (gets in car and leaves)

A few weeks later I drive past that gas station and lo and behold our "disabled vet" is pushing his wheelchair down the sidewalk because the cops finally ran him off for trespassing. It's a bloody miracle, he can walk again.

One other time I saw a guy outside my local Firehouse Subs (Yummy) in a fancy motorized wheelchair that reclined and everything. Now this guy was a true quadriplegic and I think he had to use his mouth to move the wheelchair. He had a sign saying "Hungry Please Help" However he had a service dog with him and there was a newer minivan that had the wheelchair lift in the back parked in the handicapped spot. So obviously to me this guy has a service provider that has helped him get these things so he shouldn't have a problem getting food. Anyway I go in and get my lunch and as I'm eating I watch a middle aged woman go out of the restaurant with a big to go bag and load up the man in the wheelchair and his dog in the minivan and leave....go figure.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    FAIL. Make it a point to tell the manager you don't think you can patronize their business anymore because of all the bums hanging around.

I did that with another business (not a restaurant), and every time I went back to that place there were no homeless people hanging around. I asked one of the clerks and she said it was a new policy of theirs to call the cops and report them for loitering.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Here's a final thought - if the terrorists, er, homeless people make me change my way of life, they've won.

My suggestion was based upon my belief that fast food is disgusting and unfit for consumption, not on the state of homeless people swarming upon said establishments.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have lived about 30 minutes south of Seattle my whole life and spent a good bit of time there over the years so aggressive homeless people don't surprise me anymore. With the homeless/heroin epidemic getting so bad its spreading to surrounding cities including the one I live in and here they are even worse than the ones in Seattle. It doesn't really help that both city governments are funding homeless camps and allowing the problem to get worse.

They set up at most major intersections sometimes on all 4 corners and most freeway off ramps and they'll hit you up for money in most parking lots. You learn to be very blunt/stern with them and drive with doors locked and windows up in those parts of town.
    Last edited by bighawk; 08-16-17 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My suggestion was based upon my belief that fast food is disgusting and unfit for consumption.
    Well, that is a little over the top, I'd give you not healthy on a regular basis. I think the iced tea and coffee is safe, perhaps made by exploited workers, nonetheless safe to drink.

Once again, if I allow you to push your ascetic lifestyle onto me, you've won.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-16-17 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I got racially profiled, only white person, in the drive through of a McDonalds in a not nice part of town. Long line and the housing challenged American approached me at the order speaker. He would not shut up and got louder when I told him to go away. It got to the point that the person taking my order could not even hear me. He then made the mistake of getting too close to my door just as I opened it…….. F250 doors are not light. He ran away as he must have thought that I was coming after him. He ran away and then started to cuss at me because I would not give him any money. The best part is that he was getting the other people in line all riled up. I was like WTF?

I not give to beggars, period.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast