Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reliable G43 aftermarket parts?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Reliable G43 aftermarket parts?

Hey all,

I have the factory extended slide release/stop on a G19 and was considering one for the 43. So it got me thinking about two questions; is the Vickers part the only decent option for extended slide release and what are other reliable aftermarket parts out there that people are using?

I'm not really looking for other parts but you don't know what you don't know!

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I use the Vickers release, ETS magazines and Pearce magazine baseplates & grip plug (as well as Ameriglo Night sights).

All work really well.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    In my 43 I run a Vickers slide release. I also swapped out the firing pin safety spring with the ones I have for my G19. It softened the trigger pull up a bit.

I tried the Vickers mag release but I liked the factory one better so I took it out.

On the mags I have Taran Tacticals +1 base plate.

ETA - I have a TLR6 light on mine too.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 08-16-17 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    I'm curious if anybody knows the dimensions of the Taran +2 compared to the dimensions of the Vickers and Pearce extension? I've looked at all the respective websites and can't find the specs.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    I'm curious if anybody knows the dimensions of the Taran +2 compared to the dimensions of the Vickers and Pearce extension? I've looked at all the respective websites and can't find the specs.
    I own and use both the Taran +2 and the Vickers and much prefer the Taran plates as I cannot get 8 rounds into the Vickers equipped mags.

I can't provide you with exact measurements however they are similar in size but the Taran extensions feel much better in my hand.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    My G43 has the following accessories and all have been running reliably through regular range sessions since installed in May:

-Overwatch precision trigger/bar
    -Ghost Edge connector
    -Vickers slide stop and mag release
    -Streamlight TLR6
    -Vickers +2 basepads
    -TTI +2 basepads
    -Ameriglo night sights
    -Bawidamann Gotham G43/TLR6 holster

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    My G43 has the following accessories and all have been running reliably through regular range sessions since installed in May:

-Ghost Edge connector
    I'm always leery of changing factory trigger parts on a carry gun. How do these change the feel of the gun?

Forget to mention I use the Vickers +2 plates and have had no issues with them, including getting 8 rounds loaded.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I'm always leery of changing factory trigger parts on a carry gun. How do these change the feel of the gun?

Forget to mention I use the Vickers +2 plates and have had no issues with them, including getting 8 rounds loaded.
    The trigger pull was terrible so I used the same parts on the 43 as my daily carry 19 and it shortened, lightened and smoothed out the pull while still retaining a drop safe gun. I'm not concerned about changing out trigger parts on a carry gun (as long as they are designed for carry/duty) with known quality parts as long as the drop safety is retained.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post

-Ghost Edge connector
    -Vickers slide stop and mag release
    -Streamlight TLR6
    -Vickers +2 basepads
    -TTI +2 basepads
    -Ameriglo night sights
    -Bawidamann Gotham G43/TLR6 holster
    Not trying to sway The chat, but how have you enjoyed the TLR6? I have been thinking of grabbing one for a G43
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 08-16-17 at 18:00.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Glock changed the connector on pistol shipped in Feb 2016 IIRC.

I had the old connector in mine and the trigger pull was too heavy IMO. I swapped it out for the updated part. It has a "-" on it. From what I have read it is better/equal to the aftermarket offerings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast