Thread: The story behind the stripped Colt Mexico marked lowers

Feedback Score

The story behind the stripped Colt Mexico marked lowers

Anybody know the details of the stripped Colt Mexico marked lowers

Feedback Score
    Ask the fan boys over on the other AR15 forum...they are all going bonkers over all of the lowers AU is selling. I guess its a great op if you are into building clone rifles.

It appears Colt lost out on the deal when a Spanish/Swiss company was awarded the agreement for arms...I believe it was Astra. I believe these lowers were result of the lost contract. Once they were marked with the Mexican Govt rollmark, they are pretty much useless to anyone else.
    "As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Feedback Score
    There was just a thread (sort of) on these Mexican marked colts. I say sort of because it was centered around complete 6920 carbines with the Mexican markings. Still, I'm guessing the story behind them is still the same. The hotlink I embedded will give you 15 pages of reading material.

Quote Originally Posted by renov8 View Post
    Ask the fan boys over on the other AR15 forum...they are all going bonkers over all of the lowers AU is selling. I guess its a great op if you are into building clone rifles.

It appears Colt lost out on the deal when a Spanish/Swiss company was awarded the agreement for arms...I believe it was Astra. I believe these lowers were result of the lost contract. Once they were marked with the Mexican Govt rollmark, they are pretty much useless to anyone else.
    I find this ^^^ to be pretty funny. If the true colt fanboys are on another forum I certainly don't want to go there. The pony pride here is strong enough

Now, I didn't read much of the thread I linked above. So I didn't know that (if true) these popped up as a result of a lost deal. First the US contract, now Mexico, and a soft civilian market. Seems like Hartford could use a win.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's pretty simple. Buy said guns, strip them down and part them out. Nothing new here at all.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    It's pretty simple. Buy said guns, strip them down and part them out. Nothing new here at all.
    This is my first assumption

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This seems to be a common theme. Folks are buying Colts, breaking them down and selling off the parts piecemeal
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    There is fandom, and then there is blind fandom...one is reasonable and the other is just hype...at least that is the way I see it. Gun forums don't help the issue, only make it more hysterical to read.
    "As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    During the AWB, I used to call those companies scabs.

Not sure if Grant will get a chance to check this thread, but for some reason I had thought Colt wouldn't allow dealers to part out the weapons. Obviously that doesn't stop the dealers who open an account under a different name, or the guys that do it as individuals.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB