Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DDM4V7 or BCM REECE 16 KMR-A?

Feedback Score

DDM4V7 or BCM REECE 16 KMR-A?

Picking up a new AR, just need a simple reliable gun out of the box, kinda as a "general purpose" rifle with a 1-4x optic.
    I've narrowed it down to the DD M4 V7 and the BCM Reece 16 KMR-A. I've found places selling both of them at roughly the same price. I can get a $150 rebate for credit from DD right now as well.

Looking at the specifications, they're both really similar. Is one objectively "better" than the other? Or is the quality roughly the same and it just boils down to personal preference?
    I'm leaning heavily towards the DD M4 V7 currently any reason I should get the BCM instead?

Thank you
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    Neither is better. The real question is what type of handguard do you prefer? Mlok or keymod?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'll be honest I was leaning towards the DD because of the M-lok hand guard. I figured if the specs were so similar, it would just boil down to the accessories.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    I was very much considering both dd and bcm for a long time until I realized I wanted an spr (so got a compass lake upper and lower)

Doing research there are some differences. Bcm comes with a good charging handle, which can easily be changed on the DD. Furniture Wise it's up to you. DD pins and welds their gas block bcm does not, however this isn't as big of a deal. Reliability: both of them are pretty top tier and if you had any issues they fix them.

Accuracy: probably Daniel defense. I have seen some good grouping even with the hammer forged chrome lined barrels, not to say bcm doesn't have accurate barrels.

So, if I were you I would get the ddm4v7 UNLESS you really wanted that bravo company stock and grip over dds stock and grip.

Feedback Score
    I'd actually be replacing the stock/ grip on both rifles. I really dislike DD's furniture, I also dislike the magpul stock on the BCM.
    However I won't be touching the rail on the DD, and I figure replacing the Keymod is going to be $200ish ($100 if I sell the Keymod).

I'll spend roughly... $80 or so on a ACS stock and a K2 grip for the DD then a BCM gunfighter vert grip for a bit more.

I get $125 rebate from DD (Typo not 150), but I have to use it on their website. I figure I'll either pick up irons, some mags or maybe another BCG and sell it for cash.

But relatively speaking I'm more concerned about performance than I am about looks, I am looking for somewhat of a "general purpose" rifle so accuracy is pretty important for me.
    I didn't go with a Lightweight barreled AR for that reason.

I'm gonna look into it a bit more, but i think I'm going to go with the DD, the cost is essentially the same for the both of them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a RECCE 16 with the original KMR and the BFH ELW barrel, and my dad has a DDM4v5 lightweight upper with their quad rail sitting on a PSA lower. Neither of us have complaints with our rifles. My rifle is noticeably lighter because of the different barrel profile and the rail, but you said weight isn't your primary concern. We both have CTR stocks on our rifles, which i believe is the ACS without storage. I wanted to like the gunfighter stock, but it loosened up after a few months and I hate rattle.

If I could have a do-over the only thing I'd change would be the barrel. I'd pay the extra $30 for barrel flutes.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Between my wife and I, we have three DDM4V7lw's. No complaints.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think you can go wrong with either, maybe go somewhere that has both and put your hands on them? It sounds like it's just going to be your preference since you'll change out the furniture anyways.

I have Magpul, BCM and DD furniture and like the BCM for me as far as pistol grips. The DD is second and magpul third. it's just okay. Now when I build I use the BCM LPK that have the pistol grip because I know I like them.

As far as shooting goes I can't compare because my DD is an 18" with rifle length gas and the BCM is a mid length 16".
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    DD pins and welds their gas block bcm does not, however this isn't as big of a deal.

I'm sorry, what board did you think you were on?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm sorry, what board did you think you were on?
    Oh shoot I meant to just say pin, not weld lol. Whenever I say "pin" something I am usually thinking about pinning and welding a muzzle device onto a 14.5" barrel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast