Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DDM4V7 or BCM REECE 16 KMR-A?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post
    Picking up a new AR, just need a simple reliable gun out of the box, kinda as a "general purpose" rifle with a 1-4x optic.
    I've narrowed it down to the DD M4 V7 and the BCM Reece 16 KMR-A. I've found places selling both of them at roughly the same price. I can get a $150 rebate for credit from DD right now as well.

Looking at the specifications, they're both really similar. Is one objectively "better" than the other? Or is the quality roughly the same and it just boils down to personal preference?
    I'm leaning heavily towards the DD M4 V7 currently any reason I should get the BCM instead?

Thank you
    Well I kind of have the exact setup you are talking about. I took my older (tube rail) DDM4V7 and put a 13" BCM rail on it with a Steiner P4Xi and turned it into a RECCE style build and I absolutely love it. I have not bench rested it and measured my groups with calipers but it is extremely accurate.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Both are nice guns, but if it were. E I would roll bcm just because it's about the same price and with the bcm you get more bang for the buck with the bcm trigger, comp, charging handle, and I prefer their furniture over the Daniel defense.

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm so technically each do have better parts over the other?

BCM has a better trigger, charging handle and comp, while the DD has a better barrel?
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    I'm basically deciding between getting the DD and replacing the grip and stock... or getting the BCM and replacing the rail...
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    I'm basically deciding between getting the DD and replacing the grip and stock... or getting the BCM and replacing the rail...
    Have you felt either of them? I have felt the dds furniture and like the feel, so I would give DD a chance on at least their grip.

As for the bcm. If you are set on mlok but want the bcm furniture then I'd say get a bcm lower w/ said furniture and then get an upper with the mlok handguard. I just ordered an upper w/ mlok (not bcm) and can't wait to try it on out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So Rainier has complete BCM lowers on sale right now. Buy that, then buy the BCM upper you want without rail. Add rail of choice. Done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really either is a fine choice. I absolutely love my BCM, and personally think you get more for your money, as others have mentioned with the comp trigger and CH. I also like BCM's flared magwell. The DD has a very so-so milspec trigger, and late model ambi safeties really suck to be honest. I work and and LGS so I handle a lot of them, and they are very sticky. Not a huge deal overall as its easily swapped, but it bugs me. I do think DDs barrels are somewhat superior to BCM's.

I LOVE the KMR handguard, but if you like Mlok, DD's new Mlok handguard is really quite nice as well.

Feedback Score
    I'm starting to have doubts about wanting the DD now, I think I may go with the BCM and swap the handguard later.
    Looking at the specs more in depth... it seems like the DD is kinda... overpriced?

To my understanding the DD has a standard milspec trigger, standard charging handle and a standard A2 flash hider right?
    While... the BCM has an upgraded trigger, upgraded charging handle and a mod 0 compensator.

To me right now the BCM actually seems like a better rifle if the quality is so similar. I've seen claims of the DD's barrel being more accurate, but how much more accurate? Is it a night and day difference?

I'm thinking I might just get the BCM and toss on a midwest industries Mlok for $200 and sell the Keymod for $100.

Feedback Score
    And I hate to say, but I'm not 21. Therefore I cannot purchase a stripped lower from an FFL.
    To make matters worse, I'm in Washington... where all sales must go through an FFL, so I can't even get a lower in a private sale.
    (That's why I'm doing a goddamn 80% G19...)

Oh and did I mention we are blessed with a 10.1% sales tax for all out of state transfers? yay

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about just going with the BCM REECE 16 KMR A, then replacing the rail with a Midwest industries 13" Mlok. Ill keep the BCM grip and stock for now, its really similar to the furniture I want to get, which is a Magpul K2 grip and ACS stock.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast