Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DDM4V7 or BCM REECE 16 KMR-A?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    Neither is better. The real question is what type of handguard do you prefer? Mlok or keymod?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    ^^^This
    I own a DD and a BCM, my favorite... the DD, but I think that is because the setup. It was much more expensive and I've done more to it. But if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably do a build with BCM upper.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP are you in western Washington? Rainier Arms in Auburn or Surplus Ammo and Arms in Tacoma have decent inventory of rifles. Both BCM and DD built great guns. Stop by Rainier Arms and handle them, see what rails and furniture you like.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post
    I'm starting to have doubts about wanting the DD now, I think I may go with the BCM and swap the handguard later.
    Looking at the specs more in depth... it seems like the DD is kinda... overpriced?

To my understanding the DD has a standard milspec trigger, standard charging handle and a standard A2 flash hider right?
    While... the BCM has an upgraded trigger, upgraded charging handle and a mod 0 compensator.

To me right now the BCM actually seems like a better rifle if the quality is so similar. I've seen claims of the DD's barrel being more accurate, but how much more accurate? Is it a night and day difference?

I'm thinking I might just get the BCM and toss on a midwest industries Mlok for $200 and sell the Keymod for $100.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but Daniel Defense actually has their own flash hider. It's not a standard A2 flash hider.

Feedback Score
    First off, congrats on being under 21 and have enough extra play money to choose either rifle.

Both are great choices. If you plan to replace the DD grip and stock, then that takes away the DD look. Really no point in purchasing DD then. The triggers on both are usually the first thing that end up in a junk draw anyways, so not really a factor. To save money and get the rail you want, buy the BCM upper separately during the next sale. There was a BCM sale awhile back that included a "free" BCG and comp.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am trying to convince the family CFO that an M4V7 SLW needs to come our way.

My experience has been that the DD will normally have a bit better overall fit/finish than a BCM, but the reliability seems equivalent. YMMV. The BCM is lots easier to get configured the way you want it right off the rack, but I'm not sure that is a big deal now that it is so easy to change stuff out. I didn't like DD's in-house furniture until I gave a try, after which I left it alone... I already had a box full of furniture that was once "the latest and greatest" but didn't work out, and since nothing was broken, I didn't fix it. Buttstocks and grips are easy/cheap to change, and fretting about them on a new carbine seems a bit like choosing a car based on what floor mats it comes with.

A buddy and I bought similar carbines at the same time (mine a DD, his a BCM) and we still both alternate between wishing we'd bought the other one or being glad we made the choice we did.

toc

Feedback Score
    DD makes nearly every part of their rifles in house, the cs is amazing if you ever need it. Not buying a rifle because you don't like the furniture is stupid. The fit and finish on both is good, the dd is better. I have both and live both but if I could only have one it would be the dd.

Feedback Score
    OP,

DD and BCM are both excellent, and close together in terms of quality.

There's no wrong choice here. I'd encourage you to get the set up you like best (mlok or kmr) and rest easy.

Feedback Score
    BCM I prefer the furniture on them... I don't see much of a difference otherwise

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    DD all the way.

Feedback Score
    The DD Special ($ 125) would even be more appealing if they sell their own M-Lok accessories.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast