Thread: Good scope for an spr

Feedback Score

Good scope for an spr

I just ordered an upper and lower from compass lake engineering (Douglas 1:8 and prs stock)
    And am pretty set on a vortex diamondback tactical, with some kind of cantilever mount. Any good scope choices around $400?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Check out the new Bushnell Engage series. Those are in your price range and have a decent reticle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Check out the new Bushnell Engage series. Those are in your price range and have a decent reticle.
    I will check them out thanks

Feedback Score
    AA Optics has some refurbished Vortex Viper PST EBR-1 2.5x10x44 for $400. This would be a step up form the Diamondback glass wise and build wise and still comes with their lifetime warranty. They have them in both MOA and MRAD .

Feedback Score
    Swfa fixed 10x. Simple, useable, and tracks well from my sample of one. I have one mounted in a Warne 1 piece mount. The combo isn't cutting edge but has held up well, to not so gentle use, for about a year and a half and comes in at roughly $400. I have an older model with mil dot reticle and MOA turrets. Not ideal but you can work around it. Mine fell off a tractor and hit a rock. It bent the side parallax adjustment but held zero,parallax adjustment is still useable, and hasn't fogged. It got me through until I saved and bought a NF. I still have it and it still gets used.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    AA Optics has some refurbished Vortex Viper PST EBR-1 2.5x10x44 for $400. This would be a step up form the Diamondback glass wise and build wise and still comes with their lifetime warranty. They have them in both MOA and MRAD .
    That's a steal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Swfa fixed 10x. Simple, useable, and tracks well from my sample of one. I have one mounted in a Warne 1 piece mount. The combo isn't cutting edge but has held up well, to not so gentle use, for about a year and a half and comes in at roughly $400. I have an older model with mil dot reticle and MOA turrets. Not ideal but you can work around it. Mine fell off a tractor and hit a rock. It bent the side parallax adjustment but held zero,parallax adjustment is still useable, and hasn't fogged. It got me through until I saved and bought a NF. I still have it and it still gets used.
    If not moa what do the newer reticules have?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    If not moa what do the newer reticules have?

They would be mil/mil

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    They would be mil/mil
    Oh, gotchya. I personally kinda like mils. Actually, I just don't mind them lol. But I'd rather have mils over a straight crosshair, which is mostly what I have shot over the years since I am mostly a hunter, our scopes were cheaper 3-9s that got the job done for 100 yard deer/ hog shot.