Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P10 accuracy at long range with ZQ1 7.62X51... miserable.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    Supposedly the Zqi is NATO spec

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    Yeah it's not. Considering I was shooting like 9 foot groups at 600 yards with ZQI, and 1 foot groups with Radway Green and Portuguese 7.62 NATO, I'll never buy any more ZQI, and will burn what I have with close range rapid fire drills.

Still undecided on which 7.62 NATO that I'll go with, maybe Federal XM80, maybe some surplus. But I'll definitely be getting a good amount of FGMM as recommended here.
    Last edited by masakari; 08-24-17 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    For the price of M80 I just load my own 168gr Z-max or Amax seconds. I guess I'm weird like that.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Yeah it's not. Considering I was shooting like 9 foot groups at 600 yards with ZQI, and 1 foot groups with Radway Green and Portuguese 7.62 NATO, I'll never buy any more ZQI, and will burn what I have with close range rapid fire drills.

Still undecided on which 7.62 NATO that I'll go with, maybe Federal XM80, maybe some surplus. But I'll definitely be getting a good amount of FGMM as recommended here.
    Yikes! That's terrible.
    Maybe it doesn't like theb147g bullet weight.
    Have you tried some aguila 150g?

#ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Yikes! That's terrible.
    Maybe it doesn't like theb147g bullet weight.
    Have you tried some aguila 150g?

Yeah it was really awful. I was shooting at 1 and 2 foot steel targets from 550 yards and one shot would be 2 feet off the right, the next 6 feet left, the next a hit, then 3 feet high. I was worrying that the rifle was messed up (see above) but after shooting regular foreign surplus and getting reliable hits even at 800 yards, I now know that ZQI is garbage, when it comes to accuracy.
    I only shot the ammo listed above, but they are similar weighted bullets, so there is just something fundamentally wrong with ZQI that causes it to suck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Yeah it was really awful. I was shooting at 1 and 2 foot steel targets from 550 yards and one shot would be 2 feet off the right, the next 6 feet left, the next a hit, then 3 feet high. I was worrying that the rifle was messed up (see above) but after shooting regular foreign surplus and getting reliable hits even at 800 yards, I now know that ZQI is garbage, when it comes to accuracy.
    I only shot the ammo listed above, but they are similar weighted bullets, so there is just something fundamentally wrong with ZQI that causes it to suck.
    Damn. I've spent a Shit loads of money on the Zqi 308

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

M&P10 accuracy at long range with ZQ1 7.62X51... miserable.

Damn. I've spent a Shit loads of money on the Zqi 308

Is your rifle acceptably accurate with it? There is no guarantee the results will match the OP.

I personally wouldn't expect M80 ball or any foreign surplus to deliver precision at 500+ yards.

I plan to try out Hirtenbeger and the MEN I ordered last night, at 200 yards within the next couple weeks.
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-25-17 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    It's obvious these cheaper ammo isn't made for shooting out to 500 plus yards.
    I haven't tested how much my SF 308 likes the Zqi for groupings yet.
    But I plan on it when I get some more time to shoot further out

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Is your rifle acceptably accurate with it? There is no guarantee the results will match the OP.

I personally wouldn't expect M80 ball or any foreign surplus to deliver precision at 500+ yards.

I plan to try out Hirtenbeger and the MEN I ordered last night, at 200 yards within the next couple weeks.
    Except that for me, regular M80 style rounds were plenty accurate, even out to 800 yards. Reliable, repeatable hits with various foreign M80 style NATO ammo.
    Sure, FGMM would be better, and that's why I plan on getting a few hundred rounds of it eventually, but as even regular M80 did well, I'm happy. And as it is military ammunition, I'd expect it to shoot well, too.
    ZQI is in no way a military load, and proved it.
    Last edited by masakari; 08-25-17 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

M&P10 accuracy at long range with ZQ1 7.62X51... miserable.

While I don't expect MEN or Hirt to perform as well as my standard 308 handloads, I would be extremely happy if they did.....or even if they deliver 2-3 MOA.
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-25-17 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    wait just a sec....

9 foot at 600yards?
    fps variation is only realistic explaination if its a vertical spread abut a 9ft horizontal or diagonal POI spread...

hell, you could put an empty shell w a primer in it in the chamber, close the bolt, pour any random amount of powder down the barrel and ram rod a 30cal BB down the end and have it shoot better

there is one easy simple explanation tho....
    scope erector tube support assemble broken/lose
    www.instagram.com/GunsCarsBikesCigars

Sig Tango 6 FFL 5.56/7.62 moa 1-6x24 FOR SALE PM ME**

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast