Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M&P10 accuracy at long range with ZQ1 7.62X51... miserable.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunsCarsBikesCigars View Post
    wait just a sec....

9 foot at 600yards?
    fps variation is only realistic explaination if its a vertical spread abut a 9ft horizontal or diagonal POI spread...

hell, you could put an empty shell w a primer in it in the chamber, close the bolt, pour any random amount of powder down the barrel and ram rod a 30cal BB down the end and have it shoot better

there is one easy simple explanation tho....
    scope erector tube support assemble broken/lose
    Nothing was broken or loose. Nothing was changed. Rifle shot like shit with ZQI, but shot great with other ammo.
    There is no trickery here, no smoke and mirrors, really no other variables. Just shitty ammo.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Inconsistent bullet weights and powder charges make a big difference. Pulled some 6.5 grendel wolf military to scrounge the bullets and powder for some cheap bullets to fireform some brass and use the steel cases to make my own hunting rounds to not worry about lost brass.

The 100 gr bullets ranged from 101 down to 99.8 just from one box of 20. The powder ranged just .3 grains. It is described as a 3 moa ammo. Pull some ZQi and see how much it ranges.

Feedback Score
    ZQI is crap, I have about 500 rounds of it left and I hate shooting it because of how bad it is accuracy. Since I put my 3-9 accupower on my colt 901 I just shoot it for groups more or less. When I had my vcog on it for fun and I ran drills like I ran on a 5.56 gun it didn't matter because I was shooting off hand and shooting and moving but I need to get my loading press set up shoot that ZQI crap and figure out a good load for 168 gr hornady

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    For the price of M80 I just load my own 168gr Z-max or Amax seconds. I guess I'm weird like that.
    This is really the way to go.

LC 1x fired brass at 17¢
    Nosler 168 blems at 23¢
    40.5 (+/-) grains of H4895 or Benchmark 14¢
    Primer 3¢

57¢ per for the first loading, 40¢ per thereafter.

It's a satisfying process, and can yield excellent ammo tuned for your barrel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234