Thread: Anyone have experience with the Shield RMS micro red dot?

Feedback Score

Anyone have experience with the Shield RMS micro red dot?

How do they hold up on a pistol? How's the battery life? Dot quality?

http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-p...lex-mini-sight

2-Glocks.jpg

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Couple reviews on youtube, looks pretty promising and the clarity seems good to me. I would like to be able to shoot one, no durability and time testing yet

98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Another video

98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Suarez had issues with the durability from what I recall. Not waterproof either - bottom is open and exposed to water. Also, I understand the plastic lens scratches very easily.
    Last edited by slybarman; 09-27-17 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
    Suarez had issues with the durability from what I recall. Not waterproof either - bottom is open and exposed to water. Also, I understand the plastic lens scratches very easily.
    Not waterproof is a deal killer. Aaron Cowan with Sage Dynamics has been testing one, and his prognosis so far is not good at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Not waterproof is a deal killer. Aaron Cowan with Sage Dynamics has been testing one, and his prognosis so far is not good at all.
    Fiwiw, I think the rmr is also exposed on the bottom unless you buy their "sealing plate", but I won't swear to that.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
    Fiwiw, I think the rmr is also exposed on the bottom unless you buy their "sealing plate", but I won't swear to that.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
    I think it may be when mounted on a handgun, but with a traditional mount the 0-ring seals on the bottom from my understanding?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm interested in this sight. Not a lot of reviews yet.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Aaron's Prognosis was after beating the Living Crap out of the sight. Using it like a Hammer. Gabe says it's in his Top 3 Depending if you want it for Concealed and or competitions vs Tactical Hardcore abuse. As for water Proof maybe not. I've shot using it in rain and heavy snowfall with no issues. It's not as durable as the RMR . But it's easier to get good with compared to the RMR . My RMR gets beat to hell and still works. But without Backups it's harder to pickup by a considerable amount. The Shield for $350.00 is a GTG Sight. *Unless you're in construction work and may need it to pound 16 pennies*

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I think it may be when mounted on a handgun, but with a traditional mount the 0-ring seals on the bottom from my understanding?
    Correct. If the width of the mount is less than the width of the sight and the o-ring is exposed, you need the sealing plate. Otherwise it’s waterproof to whatever their stated rating is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.