Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Movies And TV Shows That You Still Love...

Feedback Score
    Maybe its my inner geek, but I still love Lost in Space! I watched it as a kid, and now its a fun escape from reality...And Angela Cartwright, the girl who played Penny, was my first real crush.

Feedback Score
    Sledge Hammer! Note my avatar.

I loved it. I went into the police academy about the same time as it came out. It was always good for a laugh or three.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    For a movie... ALL of the cheesy Arnold movies, and The Wraith.

The soundtracks back then were just awesome.

Feedback Score
    1. Big Trouble in Little China

Everybody I know dislikes this movie but me. To me it was a perfect tongue-in-cheek sendup of adventure movies, sort of like Indiana Jones meets Rush Hour. Parts of it are flat out silly, and I love every minute of this movie. I forgive Kurt Russell for making Bone Tomahawk just because he made Big Trouble in Little China.

2. Damnation Alley

They could have done so much more with this movie, but the idea of a bunch of post-nuclear survivors travelling across country in super-cool armored vehicles just can't be topped. I wish someone would remake this with a decent budget and a more exciting ending.

3. Tremors

A cheapie with a silly concept of giant worms somehow having lived undiscovered for millions of years under the US southwest. I never get tired of watching it.

4. Trancers

Another cheapie about time travelers. Low budget but with some original ideas.

5. Flash Gordon

Max Von Sydow IS Ming the Merciless. Another campy attempt at sci fi that is so bad it's good. The special effects look like something a first year film student would do, but when Queen comes on singing "Flash, AAAAAAAh aaah aaaah!" you know you're in the presence of greatness.

Honorable mention:

The Postman

Another Kevin Costner "epic," like Water World. People derisively called it "Dirt World." It drags in spots, but with lots of AR carbines afoot it's a decent if overblown post-Apocalypse movie.

If I think of more I'll come back later.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    It's no secret I am a fan of movies and old tv shows. This includes B movies, schlock films from the 60s and 70s and all kinds of MST3K fodder. But there are some even I never expected to develop a fondness for.

1. The Greatest American Hero (1981-1983) - Part of this is of course nostalgia, this was a fun show when I was a young teen. The theme "Believe it or not" is possibly one of the greatest earbugs known to man, becoming even more popular than the show itself. The goofball schoolteacher turned superhero in training appealed to the geeky kid in all of us. Connie Sellecca was pretty hot too. Been watching this one on DVD lately and it's still fun, only the music for montage elements of each show are hard to take, it's really awful country music made for TV with extra cheese.

2. Grease (1978) - I got drug to this one as a kid by my parents when it first came out. I suffered through an "old people" film at the time even though I thought the main theme was pretty cool. I actually bought the soundtrack on cassette tape and the summer of 78 when I built a tree house out of wooden pallets my friends and I did the construction to Grease by Frankie Valli. A few years later when this became a cable TV regular I became a fan due to a newfound interest in Olivia Newton John and Dinah Manoff. And while she was a bit old to play a high school kid, Stockard Channing singing "There are worse things I could do" would hardly have been the worst thing I could have done.

Again, saw it recently and while some of it is truly cringeworthy I'm still a fan of Olivia Newton John and Dinah Manoff in this movie and Channing singing "There are worse things I could do" still isn't so terrible.

Those are the worst two I can think of at the moment.
    Both of those are pretty great. I haven't seen GAH since it was on, but I watch Grease about three times a year, in full.

Feedback Score
    Megaforce. The ultimate in cheesy, but also had a decent soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/z4RNPlgktpI

Feedback Score
    Last StarFighter- Just a good 80s adventure movie that is a bit syrupy. "We live in Caves on wheels"; "What do we do now?". "We die."

Rock Star- It's not a good movie, light Jennifer Aniston lesbianism, some catchy toons and it doesn't do anything wrong. A good way to waste 90 minutes on a Saturday.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    It's no secret I am a fan of movies and old tv shows. This includes B movies, schlock films from the 60s and 70s and all kinds of MST3K fodder. But there are some even I never expected to develop a fondness for.

1. The Greatest American Hero (1981-1983) - Part of this is of course nostalgia, this was a fun show when I was a young teen. The theme "Believe it or not" is possibly one of the greatest earbugs known to man, becoming even more popular than the show itself. The goofball schoolteacher turned superhero in training appealed to the geeky kid in all of us. Connie Sellecca was pretty hot too. Been watching this one on DVD lately and it's still fun, only the music for montage elements of each show are hard to take, it's really awful country music made for TV with extra cheese.
    Always liked that show. I remember having dreams flying like crap just like him.

Max Headroom also comes to mind.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    The Prisoner. Still get a kick out of watching the trial of number 48.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oP1N33dx0
    Last edited by tog; 08-17-17 at 12:24.
    I expend tremendous amounts of energy and time merely to be normal.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    They Live, with Rowdy Roddy f***in' Piper!
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast