Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Movies And TV Shows That You Still Love...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Also Hell Comes to Frogtown, also with Mr. Piper...this movie is shitty as hell, but I do enjoy it's terrible B-ness. It makes They Live look like the Godfather in comparison...
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    Yes, the 1960's Batman series. I was too young to see it in its first run, but I caught it in syndication years later.

It deserves to be on this list because I am continually surprised at diehard Batman fans who absolutely HATE it. To hear them talk it's blasphemy or something. I always thought it was a good way to take the hot air out of the superhero genre, but I've got a buddy who won't even discuss the show. He acts like I'm talking about an insult to his religion or something.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Yes, the 1960's Batman series. I was too young to see it in its first run, but I caught it in syndication years later.

It deserves to be on this list because I am continually surprised at diehard Batman fans who absolutely HATE it. To hear them talk it's blasphemy or something. I always thought it was a good way to take the hot air out of the superhero genre, but I've got a buddy who won't even discuss the show. He acts like I'm talking about an insult to his religion or something.
    Tell your buddy to simmer down.

It was a great show, everything comics-on-the-small-screen should be: light, campy, schtick. The brooding, moody Batman is well-served on the big screen and with some of the other TV shows, but the original Batman series was awesome.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Phantasm, all of them. They are cheesy and ridiculous and will have you scratching your head constantly but they are a ton of fun.

Also will always watch Starship Troopers, it's goofy and over the top but I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some of my favorites have been mentioned.

So I add my own

TV

Zoobilee Zoo- I was a kid amd had a thing for the pink girl

3 2 1 Contact- It was like 'In Search Of' for kids. But I watched it mostly for the freaking Mathnet sketches. It was a noirish, hardboiled tale of LAPD's finest Mathemeticians solving crime with guts, hardnosed gumshoeing, and calculators. It was gritty with smoking, minor cursing, two-fisted gunplay and hardcore major crimes solved with the Pythagorean Theorem or the Quadratic Equation

Crimetime After Primetime- The whole block.

Beverly Hills 90210- until it became the Tori Spelling show

Films

I could talk about 80s B movies for days but I will limit it to the Wizard. If you weren't a kid in the late 80s with a Nintendo then you wouldn't understand.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    No Gymkata yet?

Appalling, M4C, purely disgraceful.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I usually watch history, military, documentary, comedy, college football, college baseball, a little NFL, that type of stuff. I was never really a movie or show kind of kid/guy.

When I was a kid I'd watch The Dukes Of Hazard, Chips, Cheers (Norm was the man). All the Police Academes were good. Red Dawn. Porky's....did I got to far?

However, after my back surgery in '11 I had a lot of time on my hands....or back. My kids got me into a few sitcom reruns, That 70's Show and Everyone Loves Raymond. In both shows the fathers were awesome. Now if there's nothing on I might watch Last Man Standing. I was the last man standing until we had my son!

NYH1

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    Phantasm, all of them. They are cheesy and ridiculous and will have you scratching your head constantly but they are a ton of fun.

Also will always watch Starship Troopers, it's goofy and over the top but I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Phantasm 2. You got the Hemi Cuda, the 4 barrelled shotgun, the DIY flamethrower and the breaching chainsaw and cordless drill. I also love the line: "come on you mutha". Classic.

Feedback Score
    The Gingerdead Man

Best.
    Movie.
    Ever.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-14-17 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Waterboy. God help me I still like watching it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast