Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Googles Censorship of Wrong Think

Feedback Score

Googles Censorship of Wrong Think

So if you haven't heard or just didn't know Google, the owners of YouTube, have recently decided that videos they don't like will not be monetized. Any content creators that offer opinions or commentary questioning the leftists ideals of social justice espoused by Google are being blacklisted and hidden from view unless you're subscribed to those particular creators.

Thoughts?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    http://tacma.net/

III) Additionally, you have agreed to the following terms and conditions:

1) We Own Anything You Do Here

Anything you publish or provide to this site will be considered the property of the owners of this site forever.
    If in the future it becomes possible for us to read your thoughts, we have the right, but not the obligation, to take those too.
    2) We Are Not Responsible For Anything

We are not responsible for any confusion that may result from these terms, which we acknowledge have been written to be as confusing as possible.
    If you are harmed in any way or die from use of this website, or while watching "Terms and Conditions May Apply" under no circumstance are we accountable.
    If your suffering leads to our suffering, you may be liable for damages.
    3) How We Share Your Information

We will only share your information within our own system, and with our subsidiaries.
    Our subsidiaries may share your information with 3rd parties.
    3rd parties may share your information with 4th parties and so on.
    4) For Your Protection

We may be required to share your IP address, location, time of visitation, and any other information you knowingly or unknowingly give to us with government entities.
    We may be prevented from notifying you and hereby waive any need to apologize.
    By using these services, your information may be stored by legal entities in Utah, or other facilities. We are not responsible for that either
    5) Delicious Snacks

Any cookies we install in your browser may track you and see where you go on the web. Deletion of said cookies may result in the reincarnation of those cookies, as we would very much like to know where you've been and where you're going.
    From this point on, these will be referred to as zombie cookies.
    6) In Exchange for These Services

Failure to comply with all terms in this binding agreement may result in legal action. Penalties can be as unreasonable as we see fit. Settlements will be determined by an arbitrator who gets kickbacks from us.
    Furthermore, and with the same applicable penalties, you have also agreed to watch the film "Terms and Conditions May Apply", in any or all of the following mediums: Theatrical, VOD, SVOD, DVD, airplane, cruise ship, hotel, or building wall.
    7) Termination

If you feel these terms are unreasonable, or to find out what else use you have agreed to by using a cell phone, a website, or an app, click here now.
    https://player.vimeo.com/video/93664881
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 08-17-17 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We're about the see a lot more of this, I think. Large tech companies control the internet and, as such, control the expression of ideas.

I'd say in less than 5 years every piece of information you see on the net will be filtered by AI bots and carefully tailored to present only progressive ideals. All the stupid Twitbook shitheads with their idiot faces buried in their phones all day will eat this shit up like gospel truth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Not Aiming this at the OP. We often champion individual rights and the right not to be forced to do something we disagree with. I love how people expect companies to allow them to post whatever they want, for free, on their service. It is Google's right to decide how they want to run YouTube and what content they will allow or not allow. There is no "freedom of speech" or 1rst A right to go on someone else's product and say whatever you want to say. That is like saying to a book store "you must carry my book. Not only that, you must put it in the history section with the cover facing out". Google has the right to exercise editorial judgement or even censorship on their own products.

Companies should not be required to host content that they don't want to. Its called freedom.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Not Aiming this at the OP. We often champion individual rights and the right not to be forced to do something we disagree with. I love how people expect companies to allow them to post whatever they want, for free, on their service. It is Google's right to decide how they want to run YouTube and what content they will allow or not allow. There is no "freedom of speech" or 1rst A right to go on someone else's product and say whatever you want to say. That is like saying to a book store "you must carry my book. Not only that, you must put it in the history section with the cover facing out". Google has the right to exercise editorial judgement or even censorship on their own products.

Companies should not be required to host content that they don't want to. Its called freedom.
    Hard to call it freedom when a Monopoly controls the methods of dissemination of ideas.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What are you going to do when only progressive ideals are deemed inoffensive and everything else is removed...Create your own internet?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    You make jokes...

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    ...Create your own internet?

Feedback Score

That's a cute notion that ended decades ago. How many times have we been told that if you are open for business, you can't discriminate? From gender, to race to sex, to sexual orientation, to cakes on demand you have to take all comers. Well not really. As long as you are a protected class or have snowflake status you get your all access pass.

That is were common society lost out. The left got special status for all their groups. Just go ahead and try to keep a SLPC or a BLM out of a content sharing market.

The idea is that they are moving the sticks left and rolling up the other side of the carpet. The start here- and who would be against silencing nazis? Then the next most right thing starts to get the patina of extremism. They want to silence us because their crazy plans don't stand up to reason and logic. Ever wonder why they go full primate poo when Ben Shapiro shows up on campus? The dude is an intellectual wrecking ball to their plans.

Some people are just more equal than others.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I'm not trying to hijack, but everywhere you look the left is making inroads into venues where they can stifle any opposing views. Just look at Fox News. Not that I was a big fan of Fox, but it was the only mainstream news network that was at least friendly to conservatives. Poor Sean Hannity must feel like the last Allied soldier left on the beach at Dunkirk.

Even in our local market, the one AM radio station within 50 miles that played conservative talk radio has been bought out by rumored liberals that in about three weeks will change the radio station's format to Spanish. No more Rush. No more Hannity. No more Savage.

Add to that the attempts to shut up Drudge and other internet sources, and you see a pattern emerging where the left has decided that if they can't win in the forum of public opinion, well then they will just stifle that forum.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast