Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burris XTR II 1-8 vs Vortex strike Eagle 1-8 ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Burris XTR II 1-8 vs Vortex strike Eagle 1-8 ?

Hey, guys I've been wanting a 1-8 type scope and was set on the Vortex, but I have been looking at the Burris. Anyone familiar with both and have first hand knowledge?

Burris cost a bit more and Vortex has awesome warranty and service.

Before you suggest another model, I need 1-8 and ffp and mil mil.

Thoughts ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Burris for sure. Much better optics than the Strike Eagle. Burris has just as good of customer service and warranty.

I love the Burris turret options on the XTR II 1-8x. I just cant decide on FFP or 2nd. I cant find a place anymore for Vortex other than the Razor and AMG.

Feedback Score
    I have the Vortex and it's a solid optic and I can not say enough about Vortex and the way they stand up behind their warranty. I have a pair of their binos that have been really worked hard this year, really knocked around and had to goin fr repair parts replacement. Their CS folks are fast, the process painless and the results are great. When considering an optic for anything I start with Vortex and measure every other option against their offering. I suggest that you try both out and if it is at all close go with the guys who stand behind their gear no questions asked.
    Just trying to get a straight answer in a twisted world.
    Colt LE SOCOM 6920 5.56
    Ruger SR1911 Commander .45
    Marlin 1895 GBL .45/70
    Marlin Golden 39M Mountie .22
    CVA Wolf Smokepole .50
    Remington 870 Express Magnum Scatter gun 12ga (project)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Hey, guys I've been wanting a 1-8 type scope and was set on the Vortex, but I have been looking at the Burris. Anyone familiar with both and have first hand knowledge?

Burris cost a bit more and Vortex has awesome warranty and service.

Before you suggest another model, I need 1-8 and ffp and mil mil.

Thoughts ?

PB
    Used both and own the Burris. If you have the budget it's not even close---Burris all the way.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    thanks for the replies.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Don't mean to hijack your thread PB, but do you think the Strike Eagle 1-8 pretty much comparable to the Strike Eagle 1-6, but increased magnification?
    In terms of similar glass and quality? Are they about the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I don't have firsthand experience with the Burris but I love my Strike Eagle 1-8. Yes, I've looked through better glass, but for the money I'm very happy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have personally had both. Like Gunsngear said, not even in the same class. Nothing against the Strike Eagle, it's a great entry level scope. Certainly capable and mostly "duty ready". I've not seen any of them go down in classes.
    The Burris XTRII is a fantastic scope in that class. I have the FFP version. Mine has the BDC reticle, and on my DD 16" .308, shooting Federal GMM, the BDC lines up dead perfect all the way out to 550 yards. It has a mil turret on top, so if you were so inclined, you could hold your 100 yd zero and dial mils all the way out. The XTRII is Japanese glass, made by LOW, who also makes scopes like the Vortex Razor. I have the 1-6 Razor, and I would compare the Burris 1-8 VERY closely with it.
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 08-20-17 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Generally speaking the Burris XTRII line is excellent, especially when you consider their cost vs. the other brands of similar quality. I was very happily surprised at the level of quality of my Burris XTRII scope.

They've really upped their game in recent years and deserve a second look for anyone who have not used their products in a while.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A friend has the 6-24 and it is extremely sharp at the 6x end. Compare that to my 1-6 Strikeeagle at 6x and it is night and day. Not a great comparison but as others have said, the Burris glass is on a different level.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast