Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burris XTR II 1-8 vs Vortex strike Eagle 1-8 ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Burris.

T

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Burris x a million

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I picked up
    The Burris guys. Thanks again.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The Strike Eagle 1-8 is the same level quality as the 1-6, which is inferior to their PST or Viper line. Inferior to Burris' XTR II line and inferior to Bushnell's Tactical Elite line. It's just a Strike Eagle with higher magnification. Probably a good value for the price but it's not in the same league as those others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I picked up
    The Burris guys. Thanks again.
    Hey PB, can you give me the low down on what your application is for the 1-8? I've had my eye on one to replace the 1-4 on my 12" SBR.
    What's your plans?

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Hey PB, can you give me the low down on what your application is for the 1-8? I've had my eye on one to replace the 1-4 on my 12" SBR.
    What's your plans?

I have always been astounded with what I could do with an ACOG, at 3.5 power. 500 yards and beyond if I wanted to lob away. But very solid at 500 yards. I wanted the low variable optic for close work and I wanted to be able to dial turrets to increase my accuracy in the 500 to 800 range. I have not fully stretched this optic out yet. I think its weird with the BDC reticle, but I look forward to kicking it around, and have the ability to use the reticle to fight the wind, which you have issues with ACOG and DOPING wind.

So bottom line, I wanted the CQB and more accuracy out to 500+. Mainly 0-500 though.

And right now its on a 11.5 Sionics RGP gun, but feel its more appropriate for a 14.5 + length gun. But it works on SBR format.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-07-17 at 16:13.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Interested to hear your thoughts on it once you have had a chance to run it through its paces.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have always been astounded with what I could do with an ACOG, at 3.5 power. 500 yards and beyond if I wanted to lob away. But very solid at 500 yards. I wanted the low variable optic for close work and I wanted to be able to dial turrets to increase my accuracy in the 500 to 800 range. I have not fully stretched this optic out yet. I think its weird with the BDC reticle, but I look forward to kicking it around, and have the ability to use the reticle to fight the wind, which you have issues with ACOG and DOPING wind.

So bottom line, I wanted the CQB and more accuracy out to 500+. Mainly 0-500 though.

And right now its on a 11.5 Sionics RGP gun, but feel its more appropriate for a 14.5 + length gun. But it works on SBR format.

PB
    I'm almost in the same place. I'd like to have some ranging capability with my 12" but I can definitely see the value of the 1-8 on. Reece, specifically my 14.5, which has a 1-6 currently. I may look at putting a PST Gen 2 1-6 on my 12" and a 1-8 on my pinned 14.5.

Can't wait to hear your results. So what reticle did you get? Circle Dot or Ballistic Dot?

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I'm almost in the same place. I'd like to have some ranging capability with my 12" but I can definitely see the value of the 1-8 on. Reece, specifically my 14.5, which has a 1-6 currently. I may look at putting a PST Gen 2 1-6 on my 12" and a 1-8 on my pinned 14.5.

Can't wait to hear your results. So what reticle did you get? Circle Dot or Ballistic Dot?

Box says Ballistic dot, its a partial circle with 2-3-4....10 for 100 yards or meters I think

Mark and I are due out Sunday unless a hurricane hits AZ.

I need to learn me up some more on it.

PB

Feedback Score
    I was just about to buy a strike eagle, but now...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast