Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt AR15A4 front sight base and receiver markings

Feedback Score
    Colt uses whatever parts they have lying around. No big deal. if you can zero it, then here is no issue!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Colt uses whatever parts they have lying around. No big deal. if you can zero it, then here is no issue!
    Agreed. I was just curious if that was how they are shipping. I'm guessing the spare parts are from 6720s given the FSB and receiver.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wally05 View Post
    Ah, that is true.
    Your new FSB will not be drilled and reamed and a used one that has been drilled will not fit the holes in your barrel. For practical purposes your FSB is part of the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Your new FSB will not be drilled and reamed and a used one that has been drilled will not fit the holes in your barrel. For practical purposes your FSB is part of the barrel.
    Yeah, I forgot about all that until IG brought it up. I've pulled and placed them back on to replace end caps and such but never put a brand new one on a barrel.

Feedback Score
    While I want to agree that a non-F FSB is much ado about nothing, SMEs have frequently stated otherwise. Even quite recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Not really, just garbage. Incorrect FSB, shit barrels, out of spec chambers, etc...

The FSB issue is real. Go ask guys who do training to include PD's who have guys that have issues getting weapons zeroed.
    Although, it wasn't brought up this time around. Can't imagine why. Maybe something's changed.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Basically I quit bashing every dead horse that's been bashed. Considering there are multiple front sight posts, etc.. if stuff isn't right it's an issue. I've had numerous LE agencies concur the same issues in my courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    While I want to agree that a non-F FSB is much ado about nothing, SMEs have frequently stated otherwise. Even quite recently...

Although, it wasn't brought up this time around. Can't imagine why. Maybe something's changed.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post

Flat top uppers zero fine with A2 FSBs.

Have you had a different experience?

Feedback Score
    New incoming member Alex112358 sent this to me via PM. He contacted Colt via Facebook regarding the issue. He also got his through Brownell's. Here is the message:

Alex
    Hi. Recently purchased a new 20" AR15A4.

The lower receiver is marked "Lightweight LE Carbine" Just curious as to why on this 20" rifle? The fsb, bcg, and buffer are all unmarked as well. Are they the same as the marked parts? Thanks

Colt
    Colt That marking is an anomaly. Regarding the other components - the FSB and buffer don't currently feature any marking, and there was a batch of factory BCG's to leave here without the expected marking recently, but they are the real thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd be curious to measure these FSBs to see if maybe they just didn't get marked, but are "F-marked" fsbs.

Feedback Score
    Flat top uppers zero fine with A2 FSBs.

Have you had a different experience?
    Personally. No, I have not.

Just think it's funny that FSB hysterics seem to be solely dependent upon roll marks.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wally05 View Post

The wait time isn't worth it to me. I can always replace the fsb and my paperwork matches the receiver serial, so I'll have prove it isn't a pieced together rifle.

Wrong
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast