Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleted

Feedback Score
    Op, sounds like a long and winding road. But, now you really know what is out there, hands-on experience. Shit's priceless, and didn't come cheaply.

Sold my Italian made Inox, it's either going to be a Wilson or, this from Grant: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ategory%3DBERE

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Funny, I was naked when I typed that.
    Good to know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They are excellent, very reliable, and easy to shoot. I have a 92FS, 85FS, and 87BB. They all are accurate, and reliable. I do prefer my CZ's, but not my that much. The Berettas get shot a lot, and I sometimes carry the 85FS. The Berettas are a solid choice.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by davidjinks; 11-26-17 at 06:48.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lots of love here as well for the 92. I think if I carried openly mine would come with me more often. Couldn't quite swing IWB unfortunately, though i really wish I could. Really a sweet shooter

Feedback Score
    Classic, solid full sized service pistol.

Even the compact is not all that compact though.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by davidjinks; 11-26-17 at 06:49.

Feedback Score
    Yes.
    I love the 92.
    When it was issued to my Ranger Bn I was a 60 gunner and was slotted a sidearm.
    It came at a time when white SOF had beat up old rattling 45s, with crappy magazines, water sponge leather flap holsters, and a propensity to rust.

The AMU came and gave a two week M9 MTT.
    Our shiny new sexy pistols with huge capacity magazines were accurate and reliable. We for new holsters. Sure, we all bitched about NATO and 9mm. But Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis were rocking them in cool movies, LE was on them like a fat kid on cake, and it was sweet.

Now, frankly, it is a dead platform.
    Not that the full sized, Centurion, and Compact are not capable full sized service pistols.
    But the fixed sight and XXL trigger guard are dated.
    The mag release and XXL trigger guard do not allow for a true compact or subcompact frame.
    The design was not successfully able to function with a true compact or subcompact barrel length/slide.
    The trigger pull in stock form is pretty robust.
    As was the grip.

While some issues have been addressed, such as a rail, dovetail front sight, reliable but improved spring combinations, scalloped rear radius or vertec or thinner panels or short reach trigger for grip size, etc. The fact remains that you cannot have a full range of long slide, service, compact, and subcompact guns with magazine compatibility,
    Like you can with virtually every other platform.

Glock, 6906/5906, and CZ are examples of older platforms that are capable of this,
    While there is also a plethora of newer Springfield, M&P, etc. Options that are also.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    While I carry a Glock 90% of the time I do enjoy the crap our of my 92! It's easy to shoot well, fits my hands great, its smooth, good mags, just a good all around pistol. But for me it's like my 1911, super fun to shoot/enjoy but rarely carried.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Yes.
    I love the 92.
    When it was issued to my Ranger Bn I was a 60 gunner and was slotted a sidearm.
    It came at a time when white SOF had beat up old rattling 45s, with crappy magazines, water sponge leather flap holsters, and a propensity to rust.

The AMU came and gave a two week M9 MTT.
    Our shiny new sexy pistols with huge capacity magazines were accurate and reliable. We for new holsters. Sure, we all bitched about NATO and 9mm. But Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis were rocking them in cool movies, LE was on them like a fat kid on cake, and it was sweet.

Now, frankly, it is a dead platform.
    Not that the full sized, Centurion, and Compact are not capable full sized service pistols.
    But the fixed sight and XXL trigger guard are dated.
    The mag release and XXL trigger guard do not allow for a true compact or subcompact frame.
    The design was not successfully able to function with a true compact or subcompact barrel length/slide.
    The trigger pull in stock form is pretty robust.
    As was the grip.

While some issues have been addressed, such as a rail, dovetail front sight, reliable but improved spring combinations, scalloped rear radius or vertec or thinner panels or short reach trigger for grip size, etc. The fact remains that you cannot have a full range of long slide, service, compact, and subcompact guns with magazine compatibility,
    Like you can with virtually every other platform.

Glock, 6906/5906, and CZ are examples of older platforms that are capable of this,
    While there is also a plethora of newer Springfield, M&P, etc. Options that are also.
    I do like the large trigger guard but you are right of course about the downside, never thought of that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast