Thread: Wolf ammo advisory

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wolf ammo advisory

Advisory - Wolf Performance Ammunition, steel cased ammo, brass ammo,

*** Advisory Warning - June 8, 2017 ***

WOLF Performance Ammunition has received notifications relating to Smith & Wesson M&P-15 rifles that are discharging out of battery which is evidenced by a lack of damage to the chamber and barrel extension. This shows that the rifle’s bolt did not lock into the barrel, yet the hammer was still able to strike the firing pin to detonate the cartridge and cause a failure.

[http://wolfammo]

These failures can cause major damage to the firearm and bodily injury. As a result, WOLF Ammunition does NOT recommend using our ammunition with any Smith and Wesson M&P-15 rifles until this issue is resolved. Moving forward, WOLF’s 100% Performance Guarantee will not cover any damages associated with Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle or rifle created failures exhibiting the above described characteristics.

Interesting that they don't mention which ammo. Mill classic? Black box? Or Wolf Gold

And only M&P 15

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Out of battery is not possible with an in spec AR. I wonder if there is an m&p problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Out of battery is not possible with an in spec AR. I wonder if there is an m&p problem.
    Beat me to it. How can one brand of ammo be dangerous in one brand of rifle?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have had an M&P 15 for years and have shot tons of wolf through it with no issue. Is this a new batch of rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    This has me puzzled. If it's happening with Wolf, it should be happening with others. If it's not then......

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Exactly!

Here's a copy/paste from another forum

Talked to James at Wolf CS.

James says it's specific to the M&P 15. He said with all .223 Wolf sells they will usually get a couple reports total per year regarding out of battery discharge for all brands of rifles. But this year they have had seven out of battery reports with the M&P 15. James said it includes both steel and brass cased ammo. So... with the unusually high OOB reports they posted the advisory warning.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Hopefully people will decide to start paying even less money than they would have for a Smith & Wesson and just buy a Colt... I would be very interested to know what could be causing this trend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will never happen

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not the same scenario, but I have an example of one type of ammo not working with one particular gun. Back when the M&P full size pistol first came out, I bought one. Worked fine except that it had issues shooting Wolf 9mm (the older one with green lacquer cases). The cases would occasionally get stuck. Other factory ammo would function just fine through it; but it didn't favour reloads either. I felt that the chamber was a bit on the tight side. Ammo problem, right? We're always quick to blame ammo (especially Wolf), and most of the time, that does end up being the issue. Well, I wanted it to function with the same ammo that I shot through all my pistols, even if it was Wolf.

The same Wolf ammo functioned in all my other 9mm pistols - Glock 19, 17, 34, Browning Hi powers, Sig P226 etc, without a hitch. So the M&P was the only one that had issues. Pistol problem, right? To me, it was just the combination of the two. I had some other issues with the M&P like really crap accuracy, and the slide forming surface rust on it so I sent it back to S&W. They sent it back to me with a note saying that the barrel was replaced with a new one. Viola! Extracted Wolf like a champ and accuracy was what I expected it to be. Good customer service, but I was disappointed that I had to use it in the first place.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had similar problems with the green case wolf ammo but only sporadically. It would occasionally get stuck in my USP 9 and G19. Not often but it happened. Sometimes no issues other times one or two stuck in a range session