Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grip size and accuracy?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Grip size and accuracy?

For those of you that have guns with modular back straps. Has anybody seen a difference in accuracy when trying different grip sizes on your gun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Edit. Misread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What I'm mainly wondering about is a difference in elevation between different back straps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    What I'm mainly wondering about is a difference in elevation between different back straps.
    The key is finding what grip is most comfortable.

If you have a set of interchangeable grips, you can shoot 5 shot groups and try it yourself.

I don't use the other backstraps, myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I dry fire and see what gives me the least front sight movement with the most variation of grip position.

This was small for m&p and no strap for glock.

I would not use comfort as it doesn't necessarily mean the best performance. The large blackstrap was most comfortable for the m&p but consistently led to bigger groups in drills.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-18-17 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Double tap
    Last edited by Rogue556; 08-18-17 at 13:11. Reason: Double tap

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I dry fire and see what gives me the least front sight movement with the most variation of grip position.

I would not use comfort as it doesn't necessarily mean the best performance. The large blackstrap was most comfortable for the m&p but consistently led to bigger groups in drills.
    This has been my experience with my VP9's. My glove size is somewhere between medium/large but I still prefer small side and back strap panels. It's much easier to manipulate the controls and accuracy is at least as good as with the other panels, possibly better (haven't really tested that). It's also a plus knowing my wife can pick my pistol up, should something happen to me, and reach the controls correctly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

This has been my practice as well. Small for the M&P, but medium with the Glock led to the least sight picture movement during dryfire.

Very simple to test.

Feedback Score
    I bought a full-size M&P 9 mm pistol. I had previously shot a range rental of the same pistol and found I could shoot it as accurately as my other pistols.

The pistol came with the medium back-strap installed. It seemed the pad of my finger was deeper on the trigger than I thought it should be, so I installed the large back-strap to position my fingertip on the trigger. All my targets showed I was hitting left (4” at 25 yards) and slightly low. Same point of impact whether I shot standing two handed or sitting and resting the gun on a bag. I moved the rear sight to the right and the point of impact moved to center on target but still slightly low.

For whatever reason, I decided to put the medium back-strap on. Next range session, all my shots were to the right but good for elevation. I pushed the rear sight back to center of the slide. Now the point of impact is pretty much point of aim. (The biggest factor now is the shooter’s poor eyesight and arthritic hands.) I would not have thought the back-strap would make such a difference.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just want to thank everybody for their input. I've notice that while playing with different back straps ill pretty much keep the same wind age, but for some reason with different backstaps the elevation is noticeably different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast