Spoiler! SF wins :-) But only because I have owned every iteration since the X200A and have over a dozen X300 types now and multiple holsters along with DG switches. IMHO it is one of SFs few best in class lights and well proven for my various duty, carry, home and fun usage.

This new Olight is a very impressive light that boasts 1200 lumens and seems close to that when used in short bursts. I have owned various Olight flashlights for years with no issues and the PL-2 quality seems as good as ever if not a bit nicer as it's intended use is as a hard use Weaponlight. Previous iterations have received strong reviews for reliability.

Initial Impressions:
- Bright! With a much wider Hotspot and Spill than the X300U. See pics below.
- Easier to activate click on both sides.
- Solid throw lever lockup on G17.
- Strong to good lockup on various picatinny rails
- Strobe requires a push on both switches at once. So sort of hard to access which is both good and bad depending on your viewpoint.
- Does NOT fit into fitted X300U kydex holsters due to an earlier ledge creating a hard stop.

Due to the lack of holster fit and no DG switch my primary usage will be on an AR at 1200 in front of the front BUIS. The click switches accept both a rear and more side push which make them ideal for activation when mounted at the top front of a rail.

I still need to run the light hard when attached to various guns but if it holds up well I think it could rival SF as a 1200 carbine mounted light. The improvements in output, switch activation, and beam profile for the price are hard to ignore.

Will update after I get more range time!

Dennis.