Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Industry Helping BATF to Streamline Form 4 Approvals

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Industry Helping BATF to Streamline Form 4 Approvals

Silencer Shop, Dead Air and Gemtech have been working with the BATF to update and streamline the Form 4 process

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ss-modernized/

Silencer Shop has been the main force behind this. They hope it will cut approval time down to a couple three months.

I hope they do something. It's coming up on a year and I want my SBR
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Wasn't it 6 months several years ago? What happened? I've been thinking about getting a suppressor.

Sounds like progress

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee1000 View Post
    Wasn't it 6 months several years ago? What happened? I've been thinking about getting a suppressor.

Sounds like progress

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    41 F, Obama, and Hillary happened

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Transfer times are dropping fast. It looks like they got past the 41F hump recently and times are dropping fast. My 2/17 form 1 individual submission is trending towards 220 days or so.

http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

ETA: I called them because I didn't fill some stuff out on my FP card and they said right before 41F, they were getting about 10-12 THOUSAND forms per day vs their normal 1-3 thousand. If anything, I think their times are pretty good considering past waittimes of 180-360 days when things were "normal".
    Last edited by nimdabew; 08-19-17 at 01:17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    There is no reason beyond .gov incompetents why these forms can't be turned around inside the time it takes your check to clear.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I got those emails too. I don't understand what the bar code does that filling out an online form didn't do.

If scanning he barcode places the info where it needs to be, why didn't filling out an online form do so as well. Also why just an F4? why not F1s as well?

I mean bar code is old tech and pretty easy to do on either end. They must be doing something else with the data. Maybe verifying addresses or such through a government database? Checking for typos, wrong addresses, zip codes, etc..

They say it -can't- make a mistake. I just don't get how it's design is better than eFile. I mean I 'm glad if it is, I just don't get how it can be.

If there was this much public demand for something it would be solved or rendered legal right away.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It should only take days.

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    It should be instant. All they do is run you thru NICS, the same system your FFL uses to sell you a gun. It usually takes seconds to get a Proceed result.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So is this a big deal or no?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I got those emails too. I don't understand what the bar code does that filling out an online form didn't do.

If scanning he barcode places the info where it needs to be, why didn't filling out an online form do so as well. Also why just an F4? why not F1s as well?

I mean bar code is old tech and pretty easy to do on either end. They must be doing something else with the data. Maybe verifying addresses or such through a government database? Checking for typos, wrong addresses, zip codes, etc..

They say it -can't- make a mistake. I just don't get how it's design is better than eFile. I mean I 'm glad if it is, I just don't get how it can be.
    It's better than eFile, because government isn't managing it. It's efficient, quick, inexpensive, and accurate. I'm curious as to why only F4s, and not F1s as well.

I think it's a big deal, as it takes away the excuses for why it takes time to process forms... and should speed the process for all.

I've been using Silencer Shops on-line Form 1 service, and I can tell you it's faster and better than eFile ever was, but they don't have this bar code system. I can drop a form 1 start to finish in about 3 minutes now that I'm in their system.
    Last edited by eodinert; 08-19-17 at 17:43.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast