Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Industry Helping BATF to Streamline Form 4 Approvals

Feedback Score
    Asked my local dealer about this when I picked up my suppressor (Yay!).

He said it's a PITA for him and increases HIS time by 30 minutes per form because he has to manually enter everything instead of using his template, i.e., data entry is tied to SilencerCo app on their website and cannot be automated on his end.

He's not advertising it and will only do it if someone asks.

Just a point of reference from one dealer's standpoint.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So, you're saying he's pissed because he had to earn his transfer fee.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Well that was soul crushing..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Sorry my friend, I just did not want everyone to think it was going to become ninja warrior swift. Initially, I was very excited as well.

The folks at CA have always given me accurate advice, so I figured I would pass it along.

I'll just keep plugging along with my Can-a-Month program, and pick them up as they get approved. Sigh.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here's my teachable moment. NRA show 2017, I researched a new can with due diligence and concluded the ThunderBeast Ultra 7 was right for me. With the introduction of the Hearing Protection Act, SHUSH etc...and a new President, I waited as I was certain it would soon be over the counter. Then I awaited some more. Nothing. Now this new "bar code" possibility...and I've concluded I wasted time. No more, this week, I will march into my LGS and start the slow grind for the new Ultra 7 can.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That is exactly what I have done.

And if they do pass HPA? You just wander in and pick up your cans, ahead of the thundering herd.

If HPA does not pass? You have not lost time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    So, you're saying he's pissed because he had to earn his transfer fee.
    That's not what I'm saying at all and I didn't get that impression from him. They do A LOT of business in NFA items, particularly suppressors. Probably largest LGS in the area for this. 30 minutes extra time per form for them adds up.

Also, they don't charge a "transfer fee" for suppressors bought from them. He even said he might have to ADD a fee if people want him to use the barcode.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This sounds like a positive step in eventually getting the wait time down, but NFA stuff is never going to be over the counter. And honestly it shouldn't be.

The reason NFA items are so rarely used in crimes is because very few gun owners have them, and those of us that do keep them well secured. While I'd like to think that's because we're more responsible (and we are compared to the average gun owner we are), it's also because we don't want to go through the process all over again. Make it easy to get a suppressor and every idiot with an AR is going to pick up the cheapest can they can get. Then it's going to be stolen out of their closet by their tweeker cousin and sold to the local gangbangers for meth. Then it's used in a drive by. Then the media is up in arms that gangs have equipment meant for Special Forces and then congress moves to ban them.
    You think "Assault Weapons" are controversial now? Try "Silenced Assault Weapons".
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The media does not now and never has needed to have proof of a weapon used. A slingshot can be identified as an assault weapon if they like. Are drive-by weapons often identified? Can't say I've even noticed that. What about the rash of firearms stores being broken into? Will those weapons, NFA or otherwise be used in crimes?

but NFA stuff is never going to be over the counter. And honestly it shouldn't be.
    Honestly, it should be.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    The media does not now and never has needed to have proof of a weapon used. A slingshot can be identified as an assault weapon if they like. Are drive-by weapons often identified? Can't say I've even noticed that. What about the rash of firearms stores being broken into? Will those weapons, NFA or otherwise be used in crimes?

Honestly, it should be.
    This, for the win.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    This sounds like a positive step in eventually getting the wait time down, but NFA stuff is never going to be over the counter. And honestly it shouldn't be.

The reason NFA items are so rarely used in crimes is because very few gun owners have them, and those of us that do keep them well secured. While I'd like to think that's because we're more responsible (and we are compared to the average gun owner we are), it's also because we don't want to go through the process all over again. Make it easy to get a suppressor and every idiot with an AR is going to pick up the cheapest can they can get. Then it's going to be stolen out of their closet by their tweeker cousin and sold to the local gangbangers for meth. Then it's used in a drive by. Then the media is up in arms that gangs have equipment meant for Special Forces and then congress moves to ban them.
    You think "Assault Weapons" are controversial now? Try "Silenced Assault Weapons".
    No, just no.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast