Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Industry Helping BATF to Streamline Form 4 Approvals

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    They need to create a system that stores your picture, FFL info, address, CLEO info, etc that doesn't change with each transaction.
    The ATF needs to do this.

Instead essentially you could just add your new item to your list.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Yeap.

This new barcode system is worthless for me.

It is designed for a beginner who buys one NFA item a year. For large collectors or dealers it is worthless.
    Yeah, spending a few minutes to save months off your wait time is pointless. Obviously this is for noobs.

Feedback Score
    They need to create a system that stores your picture, FFL info, address, CLEO info, etc that doesn't change with each transaction.
    Already available, check NFATools.com.
    Last edited by ChrisG19; 08-25-17 at 07:34. Reason: Made link hot

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I miss when Form 1's were taking less than 30 days. I'm hoping eventually we will get back down to a sub 3 month wait for form 1's and 4's. Also hoping that eforms brings back form 4s.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Yeah, spending a few minutes to save months off your wait time is pointless. Obviously this is for noobs.

It won't save months of wait time. It might save a week or two, and screw up my system.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG19 View Post
    Already available, check NFATools.com.

That isn't free.

Feedback Score
    That isn't free.
    True, but it's cheaper than Silencer Shop's solution.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG19 View Post
    True, but it's cheaper than Silencer Shop's solution.

I signed up for NFA tools, and it worthless.

Their system only allows a dealer to create a Form 4.

I create the form 4 for my dealer. I print them off and take them to my dealer for him to sign.

I was emailing NFAtools.com back and forth. They couldn't wrap their mind around the fact of a buyer creating their own form 4.
    Last edited by scottryan; 08-28-17 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    I signed up for NFA tools, and it worthless.
    Their system only allows a dealer to create a Form 4.
    I create the form 4 for my dealer. I print them off and take them to my dealer for him to sign.
    I was emailing NFAtools.com back and forth. They couldn't wrap their mind around the fact of a buyer creating their own form 4.
    I would say it's far from worthless, but the system is designed for dealers to do forms. There's not a whole lot of reason why one person would use it for their own forms.

Along those lines, it is crazy to me that dealers want clients to do Form 4s--- if we did that I would bet 90% or more would be wrong. Not because clients are idiots, but just because it's very easy to accidentally skip something, or not include a second copy, etc... I believe it should be on the dealers to handle paperwork and make sure the transaction goes through smoothly.

It's all built around streamlining the dealers process to save time, and in turn money. It's like buying a skidsteer--- if you're going to move a single pile of mulch in your yard one time a year, it's probably not worth it. If you're going to be doing it all the time with any sort of efficiency, it's almost a necessity.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    I would say it's far from worthless, but the system is designed for dealers to do forms. There's not a whole lot of reason why one person would use it for their own forms.

Along those lines, it is crazy to me that dealers want clients to do Form 4s--- if we did that I would bet 90% or more would be wrong. Not because clients are idiots, but just because it's very easy to accidentally skip something, or not include a second copy, etc... I believe it should be on the dealers to handle paperwork and make sure the transaction goes through smoothly.

It's all built around streamlining the dealers process to save time, and in turn money. It's like buying a skidsteer--- if you're going to move a single pile of mulch in your yard one time a year, it's probably not worth it. If you're going to be doing it all the time with any sort of efficiency, it's almost a necessity.
    Agreed.

You folks have done a great job on all my Form 4's. Never a single problem, every suppressor purchase ran smooth as silk.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast