Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Industry Helping BATF to Streamline Form 4 Approvals

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    It's better than eFile, because government isn't managing it. It's efficient, quick, inexpensive, and accurate. I'm curious as to why only F4s, and not F1s as well.

I think it's a big deal, as it takes away the excuses for why it takes time to process forms... and should speed the process for all.

I've been using Silencer Shops on-line Form 1 service, and I can tell you it's faster and better than eFile ever was, but they don't have this bar code system. I can drop a form 1 start to finish in about 3 minutes now that I'm in their system.
    But, how quick and efficient is it? I looked at SS data, and it is suggesting that it shaves a month off a 10 month process.

Feedback Score
    Only way to tell will be hindsight, but with all the other variables (41f surge), it will be hard to say what the effect has actually been. It should also reduce data entry errors; assuming the form is filled out correctly to begin with.

I am probably most happy with the ease of submission using their system; I'm traveling all the time, and I can get a wild hair and drop a form 1 in a heartbeat. I don't have to deal with fingerprints, envelopes, or paper. Of course, to be truly epic, it needs form 4 capability for non-Silencer Shop purchases, but I'm pretty sure that's on the calendar.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post

Along those lines, it is crazy to me that dealers want clients to do Form 4s--- if we did that I would bet 90% or more would be wrong. Not because clients are idiots, but just because it's very easy to accidentally skip something, or not include a second copy, etc... I believe it should be on the dealers to handle paperwork and make sure the transaction goes through smoothly.
    It is not a matter of him "wanting" me to do the forms.

I do my own form 4s so my dealer doesn't have to deal with it. I am a large collector. I don't make elementary mistakes. He also gives me a discount on the transfer if I do them myself.

Given the volume I do through my dealer, it is easier if I manage my own forms, fingerprints, and the transfer.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-18-17 at 14:24.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456