Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Most un-reliable handgun you've ever owned...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Browning Buckmark, constantly fails to reset the trigger

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Browning Hi Power MkII. What's crazy is most Hi Power's I've shot were reliable but that particular one can't make it though a mag without a malfunction; ammo doesn't matter, mag type doesn't matter, just a lemon.

Feedback Score
    This is not my gun, but my dad has a 3inch Springfield 45, and no lie this thing is a paper weight.... I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy lol... it ran good for maybe 50 rounds, then it would fail to feed, fail to eject, stove pipe, double feed, and idk what else... my dad even sent it back to Springfield several times and every time they had it.. it would run just fine , so they would say lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Oh and he still has the gun in his safe lol...it just sits there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a Magnum Research imported CZ-75 B that cannot make through a single magazine without stoppages. I really need to see if it's fixable (they are great guns when they work) but just have not worked up the ambition.

Andy

P.S. The shop sold it on commision, I thought I was very lucky to find a used gun that looked like new......lol

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Dan Wesson V-Bob in 9mm.

Admittedly, I didn't shoot it passed the 500 round break-in period, but 500 rounds of an extractor/ejector-related malfunction every magazine or every other magazine was too much for me.

Only 1911 I've ever had a problem with, and I've owned a number of Kimbers (plus a couple Colts, Springfields, Nighthawks, a Valor in 45, and a Wilson) and four or five 2005-2012 production P220s and P226s.

Other than that, the only significant issues I've had with any handguns were a LAV G19 and a LAV G17 that liked to punt brass straight back into my face.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 08-24-17 at 00:23.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I had a MKIII that was a similar story. However I changed my grip (thumbs down and curled VS thumbs forward) and the issues went away. I believe I was pushing on the slide stop and it would cause an issue every few rounds. Either way I sold it with full disclosure and the current owner loves it. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    Browning Hi Power MkII. What's crazy is most Hi Power's I've shot were reliable but that particular one can't make it though a mag without a malfunction; ammo doesn't matter, mag type doesn't matter, just a lemon.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Kahr CM40, it was a heaping pile of shit.
    Lol mine was the cw9. That gritty action...I just knew it was going to be a stinker. Sure enough, 40 rounds into it I had probably 6 or 7 failures. Not cool. Sold it towards a g26. Much happier now

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A sig mosquito. Should have not bought it just based on the name. Also a glock 23. Had multiple FTE's every mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Kimber 1911 super carry pro, replaced half the parts with wolfe and wilson combat to get it to work correctly.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast