Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Most un-reliable handgun you've ever owned...

Feedback Score
    Back when Interarms made licensed Walther PPk copies, I bought one. The gun's trigger mechanism was so messed up, it would jam & lock up with a live round in the chamber. Even tho it's only a .32ACP, it's a bad problem & I had to remove the grips to get at the action to unjam it.

I sent it back to Smith & Wesson--this was right when they took over US Walthers. They said flat out--the parts are so messed up, they cannot render the gun safe. They sent a check for full MSRP to reimburse me for my time & trouble. They sent me a brochure on their upcoming releases.

So I bought a used German, 1967 Walther PPk with it's box, book & other doodads. Never had a problem with it & off a rest, it prints groups 6 rounds in under an inch.

Now that's German engineering at its finest!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Kimber TLE II. It went back to the factory 3 times, once for consistent failures to eject (never really resolved), once for a cracked slide, and once for a broken hammer. Sold it shortly after.

However, ironically my most reliable 1911 is my Kimber Warrior. 10,000+ rounds through it and it just keeps going.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    Kimber Ultra Raptor 2....Nice looking, but couldnt get through a mag without failures to feed.

Feedback Score
    I bought an Auto Ordnance 1911A1 some years after I got out of the Army. I thought a 1911 was a 1911. It was the only handgun I had ever fired and a 1911 is a 1911, right? Not so much it seems. It was really fussy. A mag change was somewhat helpful. A thorough polishing of the feed ramp helped also. Finally, I was left with a very occasional extraction failure. Fast forward to where I learned about extractors. Tuning the extractor was the cure. For reliabilty, I'll now put my so-called "POS" AO up against any other gun for reliability. It's my house gun and I have no doubts about its reliabilty.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    A stock Colt Rail Gun, 2015 mfg. Was truly a horrible pistol. After $1500 at MARS Armament, it runs like a top, every time. I'd never buy another Colt 1911 unless it was going straight to a custom shop.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Springfield XD. After that a Kel Tek PF9. Gotta learn from someone, why not me? LOL.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I see a lot of Kahrs on this list. I can't remember the last time my CW9 had a stoppage, although admittedly I probably only shoot 25 rnds every month or two out of it, and only when I'm home. I had a buddy that swears by his Kahr, but I'm not sure which model.
    Same here, I was guessing it was difference between the P40 and the cheaper CW and CM lines. Another friend with a P45 similar good experience.

Will say it's not uncommon for them to need 500 rounds to settle, and possibly make a trip back to the factory.

But mine has been solid after that, and I just viewed it the price to get into the extreme limits of size.

I don't recommend them unless you enter it knowing it may take some tweaking. But will never get rid of mine.

I don't carry it as much of late, stick with P99/PPQ or LW cmdr when I can hide them or don't really care. But the P40 is for when when I can't conceal the compacts.

It's a huge difference in printing (Or not). Interesting enough, I think the lightweight Commander prints less than the Walthers do.
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 09-27-17 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to carry a CW9 a the time. Never needed breaking in or tweeking. Traded it a while ago because I just couldn't get used to the super thin and narrow grips

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My first handgun was an FN FNP-40 USG model, I loved a lot about the handgun but it had some serious issues. For one the decock/safety levers were a snag hazard and being thin metal would actually bend quite easily. Secondly... and for more disturbing... the pistol would not fire in double action mode when it got hot.

You may be wondering what I mean by 'hot'... well when I discovered this I was visiting my grandmother in Florida years back. Retrieved the pistol from my trailer to dry fire it a bit, the trailer was probably no more than 100 degrees inside... this was late in the fall/early winter. It flat out would not release the hammer at all once you got to the end of the triggers travel.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Kimber Eclipse II.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast