Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Most un-reliable handgun you've ever owned...

Feedback Score
    CZ P-10c.....Easily the least reliable gun i've purchased!!! Failed the first day, Customer Service Wasn't much better
    Last edited by TROPICS; 11-08-17 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    Toss up:

Walther P22 that only works with Stingers

Springfield 1911 Loaded parkerized (older model) even after tuning the extractor, polishing the feed ramp and replacing the recoil spring it was never fully reliable.

Kimber Ultra CDP never made it through a full mag without an issue. Tuning the extractor got it down to only about once a mag but never good. It was beautiful and felt good but didn’t work right. Traded it to a friend with full disclosure. He never got it running right either.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    S&W 686 purchased FEB84 after coming home from boot camp. Couldnt fire two rounds w/o cylinder binding up so hard you could barely open it.
    Took it back to dealer...reluctantly gave me another. SAME THING. This time, dealer was VERY reluctant to do anything. Finally, got third gun, was fine, shot it for many years.
    Several years later, I see the recall Smith put on for those guns having undersized cylinders.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    3 early Kimbers. All absolute crap. All went back for work to be done, 2 multiple times. Those 2 never worked reliably.
    Sold all 3 and have bought 5 Wilson Combats since - all 100% reliable from day one.
    All my other pistols have been rock solid with any ammo.
    HKs, SIGs, Berettas, Walthers, WCs etc.
    Oh forgot 2 Desert Eagles. Pretty bad reliability, but knew that going in.
    50AE was mostly 95% reliable, 44 was atrocious.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Sig Mosquito. Biggest POS in history.
    Without a doubt. My worst gun experience ever. Mine would fail to extract about every third casing, and it would often fail to cycle fully and load another round. With hotter ammo, it works a little better, but just barely. I would love to sell it to get rid of it, but I don’t want to curse anyone else with it. I may seriously look around for a gun buyback program to see if I can recover a few bucks and ensure it gets destroyed.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Without a doubt. My worst gun experience ever. Mine would fail to extract about every third casing, and it would often fail to cycle fully and load another round. With hotter ammo, it works a little better, but just barely. I would love to sell it to get rid of it, but I don’t want to curse anyone else with it. I may seriously look around for a gun buyback program to see if I can recover a few bucks and ensure it gets destroyed.
    At least you got 2 in a row. Lol. Buyback sounds like a good idea.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Criteria for POS classification
    New manufactured and covered by warranty company could not fix.

SIG Trailside Hammerli: Internal sear locked up sent in for warranty. Returned with new trigger locked up again. I sold to local gunsmith.
    Walther PPK/S-1 by S&W sent in numerous times due to locking up. Probably galling. S&W gave me full refund.
    Ruger LCP stainless. I have an original that worked great so I thought I would try the enhanced trigger version of 2014. Kept the original until the new one checked out. New one takedown pin walked out as the frame insert holes were out of round. First time at range. Got a replacement LCP because the insert was manufacture wrong.
    The replacement worked OK but not as smooth as the original that I kept.
    Sold the stainless LCP and bought a 2016 manufactured SIG P238 which runs great.

Lesson learned each manufacturer can produce a real POS or a very good gun. So when buying a new production gun a certain question does to mind.

Do you feel lucky?
    Last edited by OttoLoader; 11-14-17 at 22:59. Reason: Typos

Feedback Score
    Glock Gen IV....... I was involved in the Great Glock debacle, the problems went on and on and on. That was the end of Glock for me....I was going to dump it in a lake but traded it. Before leaving the dealer I told them it was a piece of ---t

Feedback Score
    AMT Hardballer from the '80s. Piece of junk. Got traded off.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    AMT Backup .380 DAO. Trigger pull that would give you a hernia and jammed on anything but hardball. Also had the first gen S&W Sigma .40 cal. Hey, it's a Smith, what could go wrong? Let me count the ways.....
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast