Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Most un-reliable handgun you've ever owned...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Early FN FNP-45 had quite a few "dead" trigger pulls and some FTE turned me off to it quite quickly. I tried a lot of different non-invasive things i.e. new mags, different ammo, different lube, different shooter etc.etc. Nothing worked and the problems kept happening at various times. After calling FN-USA for assistance & factory repair (parts are non existent outside of the factory BTW) it worked well for about 8 months then back to dead trigger pulls on live rounds. Mind you this was all with factory fresh ammo from the big guys (Winchester, Federal, Remington, Speer) purchased from various vendors. Went back to factory which at that point was offered an FNX as replacement. I took it,never cranked off a round with it and sold it NIB a month later on to a guy and told him exactly why.
    Last edited by GNXII; 08-19-17 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    My 2011 Blue Label Gen 4 Glock 34. The 34 was completely unreliable due to constant ejection issues. When it wouldn’t stovepipe it would eject brass to the face. I replaced the RSA with no change. Replaced every spring, and trigger housing to the latest ejector with seemingly zero effect.

I installed the Apex extractor and the gun was significantly more reliable. It still had weak ejection; cases would just barely dribble out. With weaker ammo, or smaller shooters it would still have the occasional failure to eject.

I installed White Sound HRED and instantly had a perfectly working gun. Brass now ejected into a neat pile about 5' at 4'o clock.

This was my first Glock and it's nice for it to start acting like one.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Sigma 380

My Ruger lcp is giving me a lot of the same fits. I don't have a lot of 380 luck apparently. Probably for the best.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    I bought a gen3 PT145 off a co-worker, I was with him the only magazine he ever shot with it. It was just a jam-o-matic turd for the most part. Some folks kept blaming the mags, but I bought a couple a few years later to try and they performed equally as horrible. I ditched it after 3 or 4 years...who needs a taurus for a safe queen.

I did finally give Taurus another chance when I needed a gun to leave in the car, taking the risk on a G2. It hasn't disappointed for 189 bills, such a good sized gun compared to the G26 and M&P 9c it replaced.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Old series 80 Combat Commander. Straight up jammimatic.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Para Ordnance P14 with alloy frame. Pretty sure it wouldn't even feed ball ammo from what I recall.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    G26 for me

Feedback Score
    Taurus TCP380 no question. had two actually and both were the worst thing on the planet.
    Runner up was a new S&W model 66 357. Broke multiple times from new going back to factory continuously.
    www.instagram.com/GunsCarsBikesCigars

Sig Tango 6 FFL 5.56/7.62 moa 1-6x24 FOR SALE PM ME**

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Star Super B. Dud OTB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reliable, in that it always fed, fired, extracted, and ejected... but unreliable in that the tightest group I could get at 15 feet was 15 inches: the M&P9. With the slide removed and recoil spring assembly taken out, the barrel was extremely loose in the slide. Sold it off to a coworker and haven't been interested in the M&P line since.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast