Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Most un-reliable handgun you've ever owned...

Feedback Score
    COP 357. With 4 barrels you would get to shots. And only 2. Not always the same 2. It did make a good flinch detector. Owned for 2 years but the USPS had it in their possession more than I did. Constant trips back to the company that hired dyslexic chimps with ADHD to assemble the guns. Never did get it to work right. Finally took a hacksaw to it. I wasn't going to sell it to someone else.
    This soldier should not be allowed North of the Light Line.
    CPT HM

Feedback Score
    Colt Defender 45.

Everyone said not to get a 3 inch 1911, but 20 year old me knew better than everyone. Oh had I known then what I know now.

I still have that gun, deciding what I can do with it. It's beat up, needs work outside of my knowledge base and probably a new finish. Offloading seems crappy knowing how unreliable it is, so it hangs out in the safe. Whatever. It's just money.

Feedback Score
    An I.O. Hellcat, in .380 ACP. Real crappy gun.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    An I.O. Hellcat, in .380 ACP. Real crappy gun.
    So just as bad as their ak rifles, no suprise

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    .22lr GSG 1911

Feedback Score
    Many years ago, the Kahr K40. The pistol would function with any ammo. Contact Kahr and customer service was nonexistent.

Feedback Score
    AMT SKIPPER (of course)
    Stainless, commander size 1911.
    Almost made me swear off 1911's.
    Glad I didn't.

Skip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Reliable, in that it always fed, fired, extracted, and ejected... but unreliable in that the tightest group I could get at 15 feet was 15 inches: the M&P9. With the slide removed and recoil spring assembly taken out, the barrel was extremely loose in the slide. Sold it off to a coworker and haven't been interested in the M&P line since.

This is very similar to what I put in the MOST reliable handgun thread!

I would say my 2007 M&P9 FS. Thing just ran. I ran it to 4k rounds of my dirty reloads until it finally had a stove pipe. Just replaced the recoil spring and cleaned it. 13k rounds with just 3 failures to eject.

I kept that thing so dirty that just handling it would get carbon all over your hands.

Attachment 46974

Unfortunately, it was not accurate. I just thought I didn’t shoot it well, but I ran into a guy at the range with another M&P.

My gun on the left, his on the right. Same shooter (me) same ammo (mine). 25 yards. He had a 2012.
    Attachment 46973
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...57#post2523157
    Last edited by I922sParkCir; 08-22-17 at 23:22.

Feedback Score
    Kahr K9
    It would choke on the second round all the time. Particularly after a loaded mag had been in the weapon for a time. I like from time-to-time to pick up a carry pistol "cold" and shoot it. Time and again I experienced this failure.
    I could load a mag and shoot immediately thereafter OK. But let that mag sit in the pistol for a day, and the round in the chamber shoots and the second round jams.
    I am convinced the problem was from the design of the magazine, and more particularly the follower. A guy on the Kahr forum re contoured the magazine follower and got better performance. Tried that and it helped, but by that time I had lost confidence in the weapon and moved on. Shame as this was a weapon I liked otherwise.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My wife had a sig mosquito about 6 years ago. Would only run high end ammo.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast