Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Load data on 69/75gr TMK's?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I am using an RCBS and I easily get a +/- 0.1gr variance using it with XBR. Sometimes it is off by 0.2 or 0.3!

In order to get my target of <5 SDs I have to weigh every single charge to within 0.05gr. My process is to use the progressive to get me close, and then I use tweezers to pick up individual particles of XBR to either increase or decrease the charge weight to 23.48 ~ 23.52
    There are too many other variables, including wind, to be picking up powder with tweezers.
    Last edited by MarshallDodge; 10-16-17 at 19:35. Reason: Quote got missed

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I am using an RCBS and I easily get a +/- 0.1gr variance using it with XBR. Sometimes it is off by 0.2 or 0.3!

In order to get my target of <5 SDs I have to weigh every single charge to within 0.05gr. My process is to use the progressive to get me close, and then I use tweezers to pick up individual particles of XBR to either increase or decrease the charge weight to 23.48 ~ 23.52
    If you're chasing SD that hard, use a ball powder. I get better SD numbers with TAC or 2000mr thrown on a progressive than individually weighed 8208 charges.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrs View Post
    If you're chasing SD that hard, use a ball powder.
    I've found that mild primers and extruded powder delivers great S.D.s. Mild primers don't always play well with ball powders. But the biggest S.D. reduction component in my experience has been primer selection... specifically the Russian small rifle primers.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    ... specifically the Russian small rifle primers.
    I was lucky and picked up 10K for cheap a few years ago that a friend was getting rid of but where can you get more of these?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I was lucky and picked up 10K for cheap a few years ago that a friend was getting rid of but where can you get more of these?
    Nowhere I know of. A buddy referred Pappabear to a guy on Back page who had 5k for sale. He scooped them up. But I don't know if they'll ever be at retailers again.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I believe we lost the ability to import them through sanctions following the annexation of Crimea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've found that mild primers and extruded powder delivers great S.D.s. Mild primers don't always play well with ball powders. But the biggest S.D. reduction component in my experience has been primer selection... specifically the Russian small rifle primers.
    They do well, but I still end up in the single digits throwing TAC with them and low teens weighing 8208.

I have been using Tula KVB556M in the 77gr loads and primers I can still buy in everything else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345