Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honest opnions on the hk sp5k? worth the wait?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

honest opnions on the hk sp5k? worth the wait?

so i have had this on pre order since january. getting pretty tired of waiting and having all that money tied up since i have already paid. i am pretty set on hk brand only after looking at other offerings if i get one. Anyone have one? is it worth the wait or just cancel and hope they get there stock built back up?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you are buying it from a purely collector/HK fan standpoint than sure, it'll be worth the wait. But if your looking for pistol caliber sub-gun or someday carbine, absolutely not. It's old tech that contrary to their marketing is not known for its reliability. My departments MP5's have given us many headaches and thats pandemic amongst most Federal and local agencies that use them as well. Accesories are expensive and repair parts are a pain to get. I see zero advantage to this system over a Scorpion or MCX. Frankly I view this as a money grab by HK.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-20-17 at 00:45.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    had the scorpion and sold it. and i would not buy any of sigs stuff but that is just personal preference
    Last edited by feesix; 08-20-17 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feesix View Post
    had the scorpion and sold it. and i would not buy any of sigs stuff but that is just personal preference
    IMO Sig is over priced. Especially their new mcx and HK imo

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tvfreakarms; 08-23-17 at 12:57.
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    my problem is as soon as they come out with something new they stop all support for previous platforms.

Feedback Score
    From a practical standpoint, I don't get it..

If it was full auto like it's predecessor, it would make sense, but this seems like a large bulky item who's role could be filled by a lighter and easier to carry/conceal handgun..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    If you are buying it from a purely collector/HK fan standpoint than sure, it'll be worth the wait. But if your looking for pistol caliber sub-gun or someday carbine, absolutely not. It's old tech that contrary to their marketing is not known for its reliability. My departments MP5's have given us many headaches and thats pandemic amongst most Federal and local agencies that use them as well. Accesories are expensive and repair parts are a pain to get. I see zero advantage to this system over a Scorpion or MCX. Frankly I view this as a money grab by HK.
    MP5's unreliable? In what universe do you live? I call complete horseshit. They may be a lot of things, unreliable has never been one.

My SP5K was purchased when they first came out and it is a nice package OP. That said, there are a lot of options out there and you are the only one who can decide if it is what you want.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    the dealer i have the order with has it a great price, i do not think i am being impatient. the last time i spoke to hk they shipped out some in august but the dealers around my area never got any as far as i know. i spoke to them last week and now there saying fall time. they keeping telling me times but if they do not ship out enough then there is no telling when it come back in stock. i guess i am just getting aggravated.

Feedback Score
    I have handled the SP5k in the shop and it's very nice and well made, of course. The lack of a paddle release and proper barrel is a shame, especially when the Zenith Z5P has them and is $800 less.

have a Zenith Z5P mp5k clone that I SBR'd. It's very well made and superbly accurate and reliable. I'd have a really hard time justifying an SP5k over the Zenith unless I was a collector.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    MP5's unreliable? In what universe do you live? I call complete horseshit. They may be a lot of things, unreliable has never been one.
    Call whatever you want. Ours an many other local/fed agencies have shelved them in favor of more modern paltforms. One issue that gets brought up is reliability. Specifically extraction and broken magazines (lip sheering off). Its also worth noting that HK (right down the street) is notoriously bad about getting replacment parts to our armorer. To the point where longevity and maintenance played a part in their replacment. It seems that everytime we take them out we'll get giving us repeated extraction issues to the point where its deadlined, we'll attempt to order parts, repair, and repeat process with another gun on another outing. Sure I may he embellishing a little, but in all honesty I can not remember an outing in which they all functioned flawlessly. Obviously by your name you are a dedicated HK fan, I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I'm just telling you my experience which I here similiar from peers.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-26-17 at 17:01.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast