Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honest opnions on the hk sp5k? worth the wait?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

honest opnions on the hk sp5k? worth the wait?

so i have had this on pre order since january. getting pretty tired of waiting and having all that money tied up since i have already paid. i am pretty set on hk brand only after looking at other offerings if i get one. Anyone have one? is it worth the wait or just cancel and hope they get there stock built back up?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you are buying it from a purely collector/HK fan standpoint than sure, it'll be worth the wait. But if your looking for pistol caliber sub-gun or someday carbine, absolutely not. It's old tech that contrary to their marketing is not known for its reliability. My departments MP5's have given us many headaches and thats pandemic amongst most Federal and local agencies that use them as well. Accesories are expensive and repair parts are a pain to get. I see zero advantage to this system over a Scorpion or MCX. Frankly I view this as a money grab by HK.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-20-17 at 00:45.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    had the scorpion and sold it. and i would not buy any of sigs stuff but that is just personal preference
    Last edited by feesix; 08-20-17 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    I tend to disagree with the previous statement about reliability but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. As far as the HK sp5k goes I do agree with the statement that if you're looking for a collectible or just have to have a gun mark HK then yes it's worth the wait. However if you're looking for a functional gun then I think something from Zenith is a much better option as it has more features out of the box and cost less money. To get the HK up to the same specs as say a Zenith z5p it will cost you hundreds if not a thousand dollars to do so.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    actually i did not want to change anything on the sp5k, i would be happy with the way it is. my problem is all the limited supply and the jacking up in price. the reliability issues you guys stated is concerning but that why i asked here instead of other forums. at least i get honest opinions about it. probably just going to cancel it and look at other offerings.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what reliability issues other people are talking about. One thing to keep in mind is that if it's a department-issued firearm in this possible that those particular guns are as old as from the 1960s and who knows how many rounds have been fired through them on Full Auto. In my opinion there's nothing quite like the delayed roller blowback action it's extremely smooth you don't get a lot of gas to the face when suppressed they make very good suppressor host due to the delayed roller blowback action helping to keep the gun very quiet

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have one and got it back when it first came out in July 2016. I believe I paid $2175.00 from an online vendor that specializes in HK's. I believe it is worth the wait or try and get it from another vendor. The report is that HK will be shipping more this year. It is a sweet fun gun and the delayed roller blowback action is so smooth. Best of all, it's all German!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feesix View Post
    actually i did not want to change anything on the sp5k, i would be happy with the way it is. my problem is all the limited supply and the jacking up in price. the reliability issues you guys stated is concerning but that why i asked here instead of other forums. at least i get honest opinions about it. probably just going to cancel it and look at other offerings.
    I have one with two thousand rounds through it so far. Purchased late last year and I have been happy with it since. I can report zero malfunctions or issues. Sure, it's a sample size of one, but I sure as hell won't be giving it up any time soon.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    If you are buying it from a purely collector/HK fan standpoint than sure, it'll be worth the wait. But if your looking for pistol caliber sub-gun or someday carbine, absolutely not. It's old tech that contrary to their marketing is not known for its reliability. My departments MP5's have given us many headaches and thats pandemic amongst most Federal and local agencies that use them as well. Accesories are expensive and repair parts are a pain to get. I see zero advantage to this system over a Scorpion or MCX. Frankly I view this as a money grab by HK.
    MP5's unreliable? In what universe do you live? I call complete horseshit. They may be a lot of things, unreliable has never been one.

My SP5K was purchased when they first came out and it is a nice package OP. That said, there are a lot of options out there and you are the only one who can decide if it is what you want.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    the dealer i have the order with has it a great price, i do not think i am being impatient. the last time i spoke to hk they shipped out some in august but the dealers around my area never got any as far as i know. i spoke to them last week and now there saying fall time. they keeping telling me times but if they do not ship out enough then there is no telling when it come back in stock. i guess i am just getting aggravated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast