Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Apple devices 9/2017 Livestream

Feedback Score

New Apple devices 9/2017 Livestream

It would be interesting to watch the release, but my up-to-date MacBookPro won't stream the video on Apple's website in Chrome, Firefox or even Safari. Safari doesn't even give any ways to update to make it work.

So to watch Apple's livestream I have to use Google's Youtube.

Great work there Apple.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've heard that the iPhone X (ten not "x" Apple hates it being called the "x" lol) will be $1k.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Due for an upgrade for my 6s but there's nothing here calling my name. The X appears nice but no way I'm dropping a grand on a phone.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I upgrade when my phones die. There's no way I'm spending that kind of money only to do it all over again in a few years! My work phone is still a iPhone4 in 3G. My personal phone was upgraded last year from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to a Motorola Zforce

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 09-13-17 at 05:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I've heard that the iPhone X (ten not "x" Apple hates it being called the "x" lol) will be $1k.
    And that's just for the base 64gb model. The only other version, the 256gb model is something like $1,149. The phone looks nice but doesn't seem like a big enough jump in tech from what Samsung has had. Plus I don't want facial recognition as my login.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Yeah, screw that.

For that kind of cash I can buy a Hytera PDC760 and never buy a phone again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I got talked into an iPhone a couple years ago and I absolutely despise it. Then Apple started invading my computer with crap associated with the iPhone. I'm to the point where I'm ready to do anything to get rid of it.

Not to mention, the outfit that makes them for Apple being essentially a gulag where workers are treated poorly. I believe it was 2014 they had ten workforce suicides? I know it's practically impossible to avoid made in China when talking electronics and no doubt the whole industry over there is the same regardless of the brand that goes on it. Before I take the axe to the iPhone I need to see if any other brand is maybe made in Mexico or Japan or wherever.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That new iphone s8 they announced is 2 years too late. But...will be purchased in the millions.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    I don't get all the fuss over the $1k price, yeah it crossed into the five figure range but we have been hovering around there for a while now. If you go back and account for inflation and the phone company subsidies back in the day we weren't that far off. Also, considering the amount that I use my phone compared to almost anything else in my life it's not absurd to think it's worth ~$40 a month for two years. I'm on year three of my iPhone 6 so you can definitely get even more value than that. I mean, I just dropped $500 on a Yeti cooler that I'll use a few times a year and have for use in case of emergencies, spending twice that for something I use a lot every single day doesn't seem unreasonable.

Now all that said, I'm going to wait on the reviews for this one. I like the home button and Touch ID so it will be interesting to hear how the face id actually works. Also, I wish they never got rid of the headphone jack but at least I like the idea of wireless charging.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The $1000 doesn't bother me...I remember paying $900+ for a Motorola StarTac flip phone 20 years ago. Besides, it's a company expense...but I don't see the iPhone X as providing enough bang-for-buck over my iPhone 7. The upgrades are mostly cosmetic doo-dads. I don't care about the incremental camera resolution, nor do I care about an all-glass face, or an OLED screen. The biggest thing I'd like is the facial recognition for point-of-sale payment, but I don't want a phone that won't fit in the pocket of my biking shorts. I'm pretty much all-in on the Apple infrastructure, so a different phone platform isn't even the slightest bit desirable for me. Given my experience with iPhone longevity, I'm confident that my iPhone 7 will last me until the iPhone 9.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast