Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like they found the USS Indianapolis ***UPDATE LIVE on PBS

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I think Robert Shaw's characterization of Quint sums up the horror of that situation quite well. He did quite a lot of research on the subject and wrote the dialogue himself.

I'll second this.

I kid you not, I can't keep a dry eye when I see that scene. My wife never understood until she researched the importance of that ship and her crew.

ETA: anyone see the new Nicholas Cage movie about the Indianapolis? Been meaning to check it out.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-21-17 at 06:02.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    There was an article, an interview of the ship's physician, who had lived. He was badly burned and talked in detail about the three (four?) days before being rescued. Guys disappearing one by one, the screams in the night, etc. Horrifying and chilling.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Live video special going on right now.

PBS
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 09-13-17 at 21:24.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12