Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cop shot 4 times, once in the neck (vid)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Cop shot 4 times, once in the neck (vid)

Amazingly he lived. That's what cops have to deal with and it's getting worse due to anti cop rhetoric by various groups, and the media essentially ignoring these events, pandering to who they think will be the voting block of the next election to get a Dem back in. That so many people so easily manipulated by it, is what's sad. Cop is black, does he get a BLM march or outrage? Of course not, because underneath the surface, they hate LE, as does anarchists (Antifa et al) and other disaffected groups/people who can't take responsibility for their life and place blame on "the man" and other authority figures. Note, the cop had to use vid cam he purchased using his own $.

Story:

http://www.nbc26.com/news/dramatic-v...r-getting-shot

In FL, 4 LEOs shot, two dead:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...819-story.html

Crickets from the media because we need to see the rally in Boston from every possible angle. And some dumb chits wonder why cops seem fast to shoot. Exbit A above, but hey, they're only cops right? Me, I'll stand with the men and women of the thin blue line - which is not a metaphor - before I'd stand with any POS from any of those groups and various people fomenting violence against anyone and anything they don't like "cuz ma feelings" due to being generally ignorant and suffering cognitive dissonance.

Not trying to second guess this LEO, but when the guy was actively ignoring commands and refusing to show his hands, I wonder if choosing the taser vs side arm was the best choice. Whether that visual would have given the shooter pause and or the LEO able to return the favor I don't know, but maybe it will help as an AAR other LEOs will see it and benefit in some manner.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Only 35 years? That sort of despicable human scum needs to be removed from the face of the earth. Hard.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wow, that's a powerful one. Hard to tell if he got a shot off with the Taser. If he did and it was a hit, it still makes me question if the outcome would have been different had it been his Glock. Anyway Smith shows a lot of restraint and then cool-headed courage. The rest of the neighborhood understands he is their friend -- the ones that know him personally and the ones that don't. And they want desperately to help him. Yeah, we can't be having that get out on mainstream media, it's liable to disrupt the whole agenda and make people question the flavor of the Koolaid.

Feedback Score
    The only time the media wants to mention the Police in what they consider "a good light" is when they mention how the Police Chiefs of most large lib cities are against national carry and AR15's. Then the Police are right. Other then that they're pretty much wrong.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Saw him on the news this morning. He said they get a lot of people that ignore them and try to walk away, the taser presentation usually turns them around. That's why he didn't have the pistol out, iirc.

I'm not sure, given the shooters clothing, that the taser would have worked anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wow, that was a pretty atrocious response time. It seems his family or someone he knew got there before back up and med?

Kudos to the bystander that helped out.

The speed at which these happen is sobering. People that object to use of force should watch a few of these and then a few where things don't actually go sideways.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You got to love that Dispatcher. Dispatch I've been hit. Response: Hang on Please. It takes to the third transmission for the 10-33 call to go out. Didn't he just mark out right before the shooting? WOW David

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    How Dispatch responded and how slow the response time was for the good guys to show up was just downright sickening to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    You got to love that Dispatcher. Dispatch I've been hit. Response: Hang on Please. It takes to the third transmission for the 10-33 call to go out. Didn't he just mark out right before the shooting? WOW David
    I am not excusing how Dispatch responded, but sometimes Dispatch has a lot going on. In some agencies one person is multi-tasking in positions that were filled by multiple personnel in the past.

Sometimes you can have a well staffed Communications Center and still not get an immediate response from a Dispatcher. Sometimes you have to call two or three times before a Dispatcher responds. It's happened to me a few times while managing incredibly high risk incidents. It's happened to other LEO from my agency who had been shot.

We could start another thread on the sole issue of slow dispatch response.

I am glad the officer in this situation survived the incident and pray they never have to go through something like this again.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-21-17 at 09:58.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I am not excusing how Dispatch responded, but sometimes Dispatch has a lot going on. In some agencies one person is multi-tasking in positions that were filled by multiple personnel in the past.

Sometimes you can have a well staffed Communications Center and still not get an immediate response from a Dispatcher. Sometimes you have to call two or three times before a Dispatcher responds. It's happened to me a few times while managing incredibly high risk incidents. It's happened to other LEO from my agency who had been shot.

We could start another thread on the sole issue of slow dispatch response.

I am glad the officer in this situation survived the incident and pray they never have to go through something like this again.
    As one has to be able to get to a radio to call dispatch which does take some focus, adding to that possible dispatch times, etc, I wonder if the PD version of Life Alert would be useful. Under extremis circumstances, hit the button on your vest say to send for the cavalry. Obviously needs to be covered in some fashion to avoid false signal, but you don't have to worry about the bad guy intentionally setting it off

If and when you can get to your radio, you can add details to the situation to assist in most focused response. "I've fallen and can't get up" for LE. Cheap tech that exists.

Such things exist in various business etc already.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast