Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cop shot 4 times, once in the neck (vid)

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As one has to be able to get to a radio to call dispatch which does take some focus, adding to that possible dispatch times, etc, I wonder if the PD version of Life Alert would be useful. Under extremis circumstances, hit the button on your vest say to send for the cavalry. Obviously needs to be covered in some fashion to avoid false signal, but you don't have to worry about the bad guy intentionally setting it off

If and when you can get to your radio, you can add details to the situation to assist in most focused response. "I've fallen and can't get up" for LE. Cheap tech that exists.

Such things exist in various business etc already.
    We have that on our pac sets. Little orange panic buttons on most of the motorola pac-sets sets off an alarm to dispatch and gives dispatch priority to that channel as well. Hit it on accident and you owe pizza to dispatch...

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I feel the closing arguments are worth a watch as well. He really drives it home.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As one has to be able to get to a radio to call dispatch which does take some focus, adding to that possible dispatch times, etc, I wonder if the PD version of Life Alert would be useful. Under extremis circumstances, hit the button on your vest say to send for the cavalry. Obviously needs to be covered in some fashion to avoid false signal, but you don't have to worry about the bad guy intentionally setting it off

If and when you can get to your radio, you can add details to the situation to assist in most focused response. "I've fallen and can't get up" for LE. Cheap tech that exists.

Such things exist in various business etc already.
    At our agency, removing the television set, banning personal reading materials and banning the use of personal cellular telephones from the communications center would go a long way in improving Telecommunicator response times to officers requesting assistance.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You only get a lifetime to react....yours or theirs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    We have that on our pac sets. Little orange panic buttons on most of the motorola pac-sets sets off an alarm to dispatch and gives dispatch priority to that channel as well. Hit it on accident and you owe pizza to dispatch...
    Sounds like tech that needs to be expanded then.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    At our agency, removing the television set, banning personal reading materials and banning the use of personal cellular telephones from the communications center would go a long way in improving Telecommunicator response times to officers requesting assistance.
    Does that GPS locate your position also?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Does that GPS locate your position also?
    No................
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    No................
    That would be the cheese.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    That would be the cheese.
    GPS would serve no purpose if assistance is required. It would only help investigators find the remains of the LEO who needed assistance.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It would be nice to know that if I have to activate it, my position would be known to the incoming back up and EMTs in case I fade out from blood loss or unconsciousness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast