Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rather disappointed in omega 9k

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Just wanted to update, Switched to the heavy buffer from Nokick.com and no more cycling issues. (so far) I got out the chrono and checked some ammo loads.
    My current load of 4.3gr of WSF and a 147g FMJ over a 10 shot string averaged 950fps so subsonic but still had a sharper crack.
    I tried 3.5 grains of titegroup and got 975 FPS so a faster powder and had much less of a crack. The WSF must have still been burning as it exited the barrel.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    Just wanted to update, Switched to the heavy buffer from Nokick.com and no more cycling issues. (so far) I got out the chrono and checked some ammo loads.
    My current load of 4.3gr of WSF and a 147g FMJ over a 10 shot string averaged 950fps so subsonic but still had a sharper crack.
    I tried 3.5 grains of titegroup and got 975 FPS so a faster powder and had much less of a crack. The WSF must have still been burning as it exited the barrel.
    I'm glad it is working out for you. keep us updated please.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHelix View Post
    Anyway, I think the Omega9k is a really useful suppressor for a ~working~ gun (eg, hunting or defense), where the trade off in decibels is worth the low weight and length. But no, it's not the "check out how cool my super quiet silencer is" suppressor.
    Saw this coming from a mile away. They announced it and I thought cool, but there will be a lot of people who think this is a consumer pew pew can.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Saw this coming from a mile away. They announced it and I thought cool, but there will be a lot of people who think this is a consumer pew pew can.

Yeap!
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    Try 3.6g of VV N320 behind a 147g bullet... very nice performance, quiet and clean...

Feedback Score
    Have you run your rounds over a chrono? Do you know for sure they are subsonic?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Plenty of people say the 9K is as quiet as a full length pistol can on a PCC. But there are also some people who say it's noticeably louder, like this thread. All of the inconsistent reports are why I haven't gotten one. I would like to hear one in person compared to some other cans with known good performance with a given gun and type of ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Have you run your rounds over a chrono? Do you know for sure they are subsonic?
    I have not run them over a chrono, but definitely subsonic out of a Zenith MP5...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got the new low profile 3 lug mount for my 9K and tried it out on a 9mm SBR I have today and with a blow back it is significantly louder than when it was on the pistols. So I could see if you have only used this can on a blow back while you might not be happy. I am happy as it does what I want it to do which is make it safe to shoot indoors if need be without sever hearing loss on the PCC SBR and on the pistols its very comfortable.

Last edited by Alaskapopo; 10-13-17 at 19:14.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkanga View Post
    But there are also some people who say it's noticeably louder, like this thread.
    If 'they' are unable to determine the difference between sonic crack and muzzle blast, who cares what they say?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast