Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ithaca shotguns

Feedback Score
    I know that it doesn't make much difference in terms of durability/longevity, but steel-receivered shotguns such as the Remington 870 and Ithaca 37 just seem a little more solid to me than ones with aluminum receivers (Mossberg, Winchester 1300/Defender, etc.)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I like the older "slam-fire" versions, right up there with the Model 12. Always liked the bottom eject, especially when hunting in crapping weather. They were briefly renamed to the 87 before going back to the 37 after several hand changes of the company. I wish they had better after market support today.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is amazing how smooth they are - can hit the slide release on mine, and upon tilting it muzzle up, the action slides open...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    You guys are driving me crazy. I had a 37 16 gauge that was the only shotgun I ever was able to get a triple set of clay pigeons with.
    Never should have sold it!
    I do have a line on a guy who has a small collection he wanted to sell earlier this year...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The lack of a disconnector is fun with someone that has never shot a m97/m37.
    Ahh, yes. I found that out the hard way. My very first issued long gun was an Ithaca 37. Went out to the range to qualify and handled it like all pumps- shuck the pump in recoil so I am back on target when it comes back down and ready to fire. However, I kept my finger on the trigger and didn't reset as I stroked it forward into battery. Bam, buckshot goes over the berm into the trees.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    You guys are driving me crazy. I had a 37 16 gauge that was the only shotgun I ever was able to get a triple set of clay pigeons with.
    Never should have sold it!
    PM me if interested, as I saw an Ithaca m37 in 16-gauge w/ plain barrel at a shop yesterday, $175 IIRC.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    Great functioning, well made guns , I got flawless use from my old Deerslayer. If IRC, the receivers are machined from a solid block of steel. Another John Browning design too. That man was such an incredible mind.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've got two both of which my grandfather handed down to me. One is older and equipped with a poly choke. I ran it at a few sporting clay events and did better than a lot of guys with double barrel shotguns(which I only point out as they gave me quite a hard time about my ole corn shucker). Ran well over 200 rounds that day without so much as a hiccup...and this was my gramps go-to for years and years so round count is significant. The other is a newer model...haven't shot it much but I'll have to get a few pics and check their vintage next time I'm up in my hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Was at a local shop and they have a reproduction of the military issue Vietnam era 37 in stock. Nice reproduction with all the old military markings and finish. Pricey ( around a grand iirc) and maybe too nice to beat on

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know its an old thread, but currently have featherweights in 16 and 12, the 12 has a minimum of 20,000 plus rounds thru it. no issues and always worked. the 16 has some trouble with plastic shells. it was made before that was a thing and when the shell opens up all the way it can have problems being able to eject the shell. probably more thatn 10,000 rounds thru that one. Also have one of their .410's which is a good single shot for kids to learn on.

Have been a fan of them since I was a kid. Been nothing but reliable for all these years. Should point out these guns came from my grandfather and dad and I have them now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast