Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

As things get more stupid with groups like ANTIFA and BLM have any of you changed your plans or routines based on this threat? I have been re-looking at my short term plans but not so much my long terms ones. If these people start some real SH#$ will I be able to travel at all? Like I said my long term plans are set and do not need to change because of the current situation. What I am thinking about are my short term plans.

In most situations it would be best for me to hunker down at home (the rally point) for a while and then move out to the long term place as necessary. Now this may not even be possible. I have to think about if I can’t get home first because they are burning the suburbs and such. I have been going through my entire short term plans a great deal these days to make sure that they are updated as much as possible.

One of the most difficult items is gear. If I can’t get home and have to go to rally point #2 I will have to have more gear. As thoughts of you that have had to hump it before more is not always better. But if you have to go longer and in more of a dangerous situation then you may need more gears and supplies. If you have ever tried to forage for clean water in an urban environment that all hell is breaking lose you know that it takes way too much time and effort.

Thoughts?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have been doing a similar exercise. Both with the idea that hunkering down at home if things are burning, is likely short term. Maybe a day or two. Depending on where you are. Maybe for me in my area I'll have more than a day. If I'm home I'm typically in my truck, so even if I am away from the house, I still have my truck gear which should be sufficient to get me home. I have bolstered my food and water supplies at home, and if I can't drive, will load everything I can in our vehicles and go to the long term location. If I can't drive, I've identified the firearms we are taking and I pretty much have bags built for each member of my family. If my Sogra (mother-in-law) is living with me, and trucking out isn't an option, then I won't be going anywhere. We will have to survive in place until we can't.
    My other thought process has been centered around my job. I do travel a good bit, so if I am in a city where sh%t goes south, what are my plans? I don't really know the people that well. Who is like-minded? I do try to establish l, very discretely, people who could help me with resources or provide temporary shelter, but I'm not always successful. Since I usually go to one city for an extended time, I have made it a habit to determine where the gun stores (if any), outdoor stores, hardware stores are. I always check a bag and keep a good fixed blade in it so I'm not starting off at zero. I have also built trauma kits(+). Meaning more items than what I have in my chest rig for example, since I have more room. I keep a trauma in my backpack laptop bag, plus some spare first aid supplies in my checked bag, plus in my additional carry-on. Like in the place I am in, I sometimes have a rental car, if I cannot fly home, I will drive. If I can't drive, I'm pretty much screwed and in that situation my friends will hopefully secure my family for me. Also I just don't carry an ifak with me, but I carry purification tabs, a small water filter, a set of clothes(+) enough protein bars to get me going for a couple of days, and a few other supplies. Over the past year or so I've been refining my "travel load out", 1) to make it more discrete, and 2), make it more manageable in the event I do have to hump for some distance. I've also applied this prep process to the clothes I wear at my client, including my shoes. They appear to be business casual, but they are fully adept in a tactical/get home situation.
    The part of this process that I haven't resolved are comms. If cellular towers go down as they often do regionally during a crisis, how do I communicate with my family and my closest of friends who I have plans with?
    Your post has definitely made me realize one huge flaw. I need to document the scenarios so that if I am not there my family knows what to do. We have had verbal discussions, but I believe they need something they can read that lists step by step what the need to do.
    Do you have anything like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As a side note, been through multiple hurricanes. Bred, born, and raised in NC with family on the Outer Banks and a summer house there. Went through Lenny while living on Sint Maarten. Was living in NOLA when Katrina hit. If the S is really hitting the fan, where you are will determine how quickly you need to unass the area to bug out spot.

In any hurricane I went through on the Outer Banks, or went to clean up, people stayed calm and orderly with very little troublemaking. Sint Maarten had Royal Dutch Marines come in before Lenny hit and made it known no BS was going to be tolerated. Saw dudes get butt-stroked and tossed in a paddy wagon. IF the RDM's hadn't been there with the ROE's they had, it would have gone south badly.

Katrina was when I saw what people will do when the S has really hit the fan. In all of the hurricanes I've been through, people are somewhat in shock/awe for the first day or so. Then cleanup begins. OR, in NOLA it took about 2 days for it to start getting froggy and by the third it was on. Once people realize the power and police aren't around, their behavior changes.

From my sample size of one person, I believe in a SHTF situation, most areas will have 2-3 days before the animals start coming out. If it is really bad, as in obvious life isn't coming back to normal for a while, if ever, then I give it 1-2 days before it really pops off.

This is my starting point for any plans.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post

From my sample size of one person, I believe in a SHTF situation, most areas will have 2-3 days before the animals start coming out. If it is really bad, as in obvious life isn't coming back to normal for a while, if ever, then I give it 1-2 days before it really pops off.

This is my starting point for any plans.
    Traditionally I would agree with you 100%. But when the animals are the cause of the SHTF then the game has just changed. Most of the time the first day or two is a period of shock and a good time to get your bearings and assess the situation. But the newest problem is the possibility that groups like ANTIFA and BLM get frogy and start early and hard. This is where the problem comes into play. It is hard to establish your own ROE at that time.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Luckily I don't think in my area SWMO. I will have to deal with it much. Unless things have just got straight off the tracks.

I did up my carry through, I did have a shield 9mm and just started carrying a glock 19.

I have back problems that limited weight I could carry but through new stretching I can now carry something with more firepower.

I feel the time this happened is nothing short of a mircle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Traditionally I would agree with you 100%. But when the animals are the cause of the SHTF then the game has just changed. Most of the time the first day or two is a period of shock and a good time to get your bearings and assess the situation. But the newest problem is the possibility that groups like ANTIFA and BLM get frogy and start early and hard. This is where the problem comes into play. It is hard to establish your own ROE at that time.
    Agree 100%. However, living in northern UT means the demographics are highly against ATIFA and BLM. Our biggest threat is earthquakes. However, all family is back east and we travel frequently so PERSEC acclimatizes dependent upon location. Went to a HS that was 14% white and had my ghetto pass since 12 so growing up that way does help in certain environments and how to deal with them. Everyone, for everyday life, should already have a rational line of thinking developed for when it is time to go hands on, guns on, or beat feet. This can be extrapolated to SHTF situations. However, the intensity, degree, or rapidity when the time for action comes may change. If the SHTF and life as we know it is going to be disrupted for a few days, weeks, months, or years it would affect one's actions. As in, how one would act would change dependent upon length of the S hitting TF.

If it is the world is changing forever and it will be a while(yrs.) before it even begins to start becoming stable, then how one acts is totally different than if the duration is days, weeks, or months.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    As a If the S is really hitting the fan, where you are will determine how quickly you need to unass the area to bug out spot.

Katrina was when I saw what people will do when the S has really hit the fan. In all of the hurricanes I've been through, people are somewhat in shock/awe for the first day or so. Then cleanup begins. OR, in NOLA it took about 2 days for it to start getting froggy and by the third it was on. Once people realize the power and police aren't around, their behavior changes.
    I agree with this. Pressure, stress, fear, hunger all work to reveal the true character of a person. For many it's a really short trip.
    I do worry about my friends/brothers in the the larger city. In my town I can see stuff getting out of hand, but in areas like DFW or Houston, I don't think you have 2 days.

Even if ANTIFA OR BLM are not the source of the the SHTF situation, you can bet your dockers that they will react to it within hours. Not days.
    We all probably realize we are sitting on a powder keg. Demographics will be the primary determination in how short the fuse is and big the bang.

I think if sh%t does hit the fan, and I lived in an area where the demographics put my and mine at risk? I don't think I would wait past 24 hours. My thing is if I leave and nothing happens, I can always come back. But if I wait too long I may lose that window for exfil altogether. That's a risk I don't think I want to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm guessing it's going to depend on your area demographics. Not much of BLM/ANTIFA around here. To paraphrase George Carlin .....last time there was a protest here was when Banana Republic ran out of Khakis.

There's nothing to protest here. There's no major colleges or downtown. Just a upper middle class suburbia dotted with farmland. BLM is a good 50 miles south and all the special snowflakes that go to community college here also live here so I don't see them burning their parents houses down

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 08-21-17 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I live in suburb USA. The problem is that I work very close to ground zero. My biggest concern is that these assclowns may ditch there usual methods of destroying the shit holes they live in and go after the "rich" white people's area. This is where it would get real bad real quick.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I live in suburb USA. The problem is that I work very close to ground zero. My biggest concern is that these assclowns may ditch there usual methods of destroying the shit holes they live in and go after the "rich" white people's area. This is where it would get real bad real quick.
    I could see this happening. Crowd forms and off they go. Or, simply a quick, coordinated strike. Don't think we are at that point yet, but failing to plan is planning to fail. If we were still in NOLA, my plans would be VERY different and probably quite similar to yours. Location, location, location.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast