Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Back when Occupy became a thing I worked twenty miles from my home in the burbs. When I saw them attempt to make it national I added an AK with side folder (short and discreet) and a six mag bandoleer to my truck's get home kit and to supplement by CCW.

Now that I work from home I pay attention to daily events via AM radio and internet and keep the home fires burning from my command center.

Long term plans are not affected by these groups at present, for that to happen there would be wide spread civil unrest.

We're always looking to moving to a more rural area with some serious elevation.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

We're always looking to moving to a more rural area with some serious elevation.
    I live and work in a pretty rural area...lake vacation-land Minnesota. The whole SHTF/EOTWAKI scenario is just not part of our particular fantasy set up here.

Feedback Score
    I've always felt the best defense is distance from disorder, but folks in the urban zoos may not have that choice. Only thing thats changed with me is the current disorder has motivated me to up my hand to hand skills, some Krav Maga every week.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I live and work in a pretty rural area...lake vacation-land Minnesota. The whole SHTF/EOTWAKI scenario is just not part of our particular fantasy set up here.
    Fantasy?

Not sure exactly what you are implying with that. Are you saying that bugging out/SHTF/etc. is fantasy or that people who live away from large urban population centers don't concern themselves with such matters?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Fantasy?

Not sure exactly what you are implying with that. Are you saying that bugging out/SHTF/etc. is fantasy or that people who live away from large urban population centers don't concern themselves with such matters?
    I kinda understand what he is saying. Out in Gods Country (rural America), most of us just don't have any where else to go or need to go. While I live 20 miles from the 2nd largest city in Indiana (Fort Wayne), the shit stains of ANTIFA and BLM are literally about as peaceful as you can get. The group at the court house grounds in Fort Wayne and pretty much keep to themselves with their protesting. I've walked right past them and yea they might be protesting but its not the screaming and chasing you seen in Liberal Land America. Alot of it has to do with the fact that this is a VERY Red State with pretty much 0 gun control to speak of and I think they know if they start shit, between the rest of us and the cops in the city, it won't get far before their numbers of live bodies are out numbed by those of dead ones on their side.

As for bugging out, why? Everything I have, everyone I care about(friends, family) are within 2 miles of me except my sister who is a tad on the liberal side but not by much and moved to Florida. My grandparents are right next door and my parents are a 1/4 mile down the road along with cousins and other friends within a mile or less. None of us in God's country have a reason to leave it all behind. If SHTF and its that bad, the likely hood of there being anything left worth fighting for in a few years is non-existent anyways as we all know it gets that bad, the UN is gonna be dropping in "Peace Keepers".
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What's everyone's thoughts on martial law, bugging out with gear (guns or supplies confiscated), and being locked in to an area (roadblocks)? Maybe your home base is overrun and you can't go back, nor get out.
    Example-na'er do wells cause problems, government reacts, martial law declared, good people get stuck and can't get out of hot zone.
    This is the scenario I'm worried about.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post

As for bugging out, why? Everything I have, everyone I care about(friends, family) are within 2 miles of me except my sister who is a tad on the liberal side but not by much and moved to Florida. My grandparents are right next door and my parents are a 1/4 mile down the road along with cousins and other friends within a mile or less. None of us in God's country have a reason to leave it all behind. If SHTF and its that bad, the likely hood of there being anything left worth fighting for in a few years is non-existent anyways as we all know it gets that bad, the UN is gonna be dropping in "Peace Keepers".
    Well if I lived out in the real God's Country, that of course being Texas, I wouldn't be bugging out either. Like you I would already be bugged. Out. However I would still treat the SHTF scenario with the same consideration. I have three base plans.
    1) Bug out to a location in rural Texas with my close friends, bringing all my "stuff" with me.
    2) Survive in place/defend the castle. In the event my mom-in-law is here, And I cannot use a vehicle. I don't have an option to walk out. Defend the castle to the best of my abilities.
    3) Get back home. If I'm at a client site when whatever happens, happens. What do I need to do to get home, and which of the above 2 plans will be in use.

Growing up in the country, we didn't have a formalized plan. As a part of living in the country, we had produce from our garden put up, a lot canned, frozen, plenty of venison, fish, and usually a 1/2 side of beef put up. We had our own water well with plenty of other water resources within a 10 minute walk. Same for fishing, trapping and hunting. One area we probably weren't prepared was with certain rifles. All we had were bolt guns - deer hunting rifles and shot guns. The only semi's were a Remington 1100 12ga. And my .22 I squirrel hunted with. However we reloaded and we always had plenty of reloading supplies, but not an AR-15 could be found amongst us. We would have treated anyone coming to take what wasn't theirs in a SHTF the same as without. I think even our situational awareness would have been dialed up. So just by virtue of the life we lived and the fact my dad 's mom lived through the depression, we were natural born preppers. Maybe not to the degree I am now. But still we were prepared. If thats what more or less what you're saying- then I definitely get where you're coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 08-28-17 at 12:26.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Well if I lived out in the real God's Country, that of course being Texas, I wouldn't be bugging out either. Like you I would already be bugged. Out. However I would still treat the SHTF scenario with the same consideration. I have three base plans.
    1) Bug out to a location in rural Texas with my close friends, bringing all my "stuff" with me.
    2) Survive in place/defend the castle. In the event my mom-in-law is here, And I cannot use a vehicle. I don't have an option to walk out. Defend the castle to the best of my abilities.
    3) Get back home. If I'm at a client site when whatever happens, happens. What do I need to do to get home, and which of the above 2 plans will be in use.

Growing up in the country, we didn't have a formalized plan. As a part of living in the country, we had produce from our garden put up, a lot canned, frozen, plenty of venison, fish, and usually a 1/2 side of beef put up. We had our own water well with plenty of other water resources within a 10 minute walk. Same for fishing, trapping and hunting. One area we probably weren't prepared was with certain rifles. All we had were bolt guns - deer hunting rifles and shot guns. The only semi's were a Remington 1100 12ga. And my .22 I squirrel hunted with. However we reloaded and we always had plenty of reloading supplies, but not an AR-15 could be found amongst us. We would have treated anyone coming to take what wasn't theirs in a SHTF the same as without. I think even our situational awareness would have been dialed up. So just by virtue of the life we lived and the fact my dad 's mom lived through the depression, we were natural born preppers. Maybe not to the degree I am now. But still we were prepared. If thats what more or less what you're saying- then I definitely get where you're coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much what I was saying.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Fantasy?

Well, there are preppers and there are those who don't believe in the imminence, or even the likelihood, of the SHTF/EOTWAKI scenario. I'm in the latter group, as is the general culture around here. I can't conceive of the need to "bug out".

Everyone judges the others' fantasies differently.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Well, there are preppers and there are those who don't believe in the imminence, or even the likelihood, of the SHTF/EOTWAKI scenario. I'm in the latter group, as is the general culture around here. I can't conceive of the need to "bug out".

Everyone judges the others' fantasies differently.
    While it's not a SHTF/EOTW situation, depending on how bad the flooding is over the next few days, I might wish I had a pre-planned, prepared bug out location. As I bet there are quite a few closer to Houston who wish the same. I'm not saying that I wish I had a hardened bunker, but having a bug out plan in place before being faced with this scenario would certainly have relieved a lot of stress that came from getting a last-minute plan together. For me, bugging out doesn't necessarily equate to going off-grid in the wilderness where no one will ever find me. It's just another step in contingencies that I should have had in place. This being my first "real" hurricane season down here has definitely taught me some lessons for the future.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast